Engine Covers

ddipaolo

I was told that removing and installing the engine covers is a pain in the neck. Is there any tips or tricks to make removal and install easier?

Thanks

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I think most people trim the last inch or two off the rear-facing edge of the engine cover. That helped me fit mine easier.

SwerveMonkey

Has anyone taken the effort to redesign the engine cover to have an Ariel type scoop for N/A applications??
Might work well for intercooler placement as well... not sure if it would get heat soak since it is above the engine.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Has anyone taken the effort to redesign the engine cover to have an Ariel type scoop for N/A applications??
Might work well for intercooler placement as well... not sure if it would get heat soak since it is above the engine.
I've wanted to do this, solely for looks, for a long time. I'll be dabbling in fiberglass once it gets warm enough outside for me to use it. I think it would look sweet! You could definitely get something to work NA, but it would be fairly custom of course. You won't be getting much of a ram air effect from right there because of the windshield, but it can't be any worse than its stock positioning.

Doug Rostad

I will eventually build one . Once I get my engine started. I purchased the DS-125 scoop already from "Unlimited Products. However , it is huge and I will be sectioning it , by about 4" in the center and cutting about 3" off of the bottom. Then make a custom engine cover plug. And fiberglass the scoop to the cover.

Attachments