ENGINE ICE Coolant

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Does anyone have any experience with a coolant product called "Engine Ice"? Just heard about it. It claims to allow your engine coolant to run up to 20 degrees colder. Not completely sure of all the claims other than that. Maybe it is thermally more efficient than a 50/50 regular mix? I know some threads here on the forum have covered the need for doing extra things to keep the engine cool in some of the more extremely hot summer states.
$10 a quart on Amazon vs about $8 for a premix 50/50
Opinions?
Concerns?
Any first-hand knowledge?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
We can’t use antifreeze in racing, but can use engine ice. As far as I know “it works”. If that makes any sense? I couldn’t tell you if if keeps thing cooler or not though. I know I can run full bore on the track in July and not get the engine temps too hot.

I'm also not sure on the lubrication properties of it either.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
why is antifreeze not allowable? In case of spillage on the track?
I have heard it is expensive to pay for cleanup if you dump oil / fluids on a track.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
RedLine Water Wetter is the same thing. Can be used in straight water for racing or added to 50/50 glycol to help reduce the coolant system temperatures. I've used it for many years and seems to help - living in the desert anything that can help keep your engine cooler is a must.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
We used water wetter or engine ice in our dirt track car with straight water and it dropped temps 5-10* avg.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
why is antifreeze not allowable? In case of spillage on the track?
I have heard it is expensive to pay for cleanup if you dump oil / fluids on a track.
Correct, antifreeze is not allowed in racing. If it spills, the cleanup takes a lot longer. Even our bikes have a belly pan so if we have any fluid leaks, it gets contained in the pan. Our race series and many others, won’t allow aftermarket oil filters either, especially K&N. Those are outright banned in most motorcycle racing series, due to blowing apart under race conditions. This all helps reduce clean up. In all my track stuff for the last 5 years, the only spillage problems I have seen have been with cars, not so much on bikes, but it does happen.

Some tracks will charge you for the clean up, some it’s just part of your entry fee. Cota is the most strict. They will charge or fine you for just about anything and never......ever....fill fuel in the garages at cota. That can get you kicked out, quickly and this goes All the way up to motogp and f1.