Exhaust Rattles?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'm trying to pin down a noise that sounds exactly like a loose heat shield on the exhaust. It happens around 2100 RPM give or take and sounds exactly like a loose exhaust. I've checked everything and it all seems to be tight. I'm wondering if the baffles in side are becoming loose. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
I'm trying to pin down a noise that sounds exactly like a loose heat shield on the exhaust. It happens around 2100 RPM give or take and sounds exactly like a loose exhaust. I've checked everything and it all seems to be tight. I'm wondering if the baffles in side are becoming loose. Has anyone else had an issue like this?
someone else had the same problem and drilled through their muffler and riveted it to stop the baffle from rattling, cant remember who though.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
someone else had the same problem and drilled through their muffler and riveted it to stop the baffle from rattling, cant remember who though.
I wonder how he found exactly where it is at and where to drill the holes to rivet. This sounds like something I may have to do.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Can you find spot weld marks on the outer muffler can? I will have to look closely at mine, but that would be my marker for a rivet.