Finally found the issue!!!!!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Ever since we built the second build, we have always had an issue with the rear end feeling loose. Not in the way that it's losing traction, but it has this weird shift to the side as you enter a corner. It's very uneasy feeling to say the least. All of a sudden it would just break loose and shift to the outside on you. Lately it's gotten to the point that would oscillate from side to side almost like a poorly loaded trailer. Our first build never did it and we cannot figure out why this one is. During the Midwest Spring Meet 2019, it got so bad we were afraid to drive it very fast at all. Sorry guys, that's why we weren't very sprinty. We thought it was the lower ball joints (and they weren't the best) so we swapped them out with Ross's. It was at least driveable but still had it.

I've been trying everything for the last two weeks trying to figure this out but I just wasn't getting it. Tonight I thought that I would double-check the wheel bearings (although they are new also) and this is what I found.

The bolts in there are the eccentric to give you camber adjustment. Well I have adjustment, just all the time. Granted the bolts are loose and apparently weren't tightened up properly when we had it aligned originally. But the solid bolts wouldn't have allowed for this much movement. As much as I would like to hate those bolts, reality is that they were probably just too loose.

Do you think I finally found the issue?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
OMG that is just scary to look at sitting still. The pucker factor while driving was probably bordering on terrifying. I have to believe you found your issue. Good thing before the bolts failed.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
OMG that is just scary to look at sitting still. The pucker factor while driving was probably bordering on terrifying. I have to believe you found your issue. Good thing before the bolts failed.
I was starting to loose my confidence in driving the car. When it would shift hard, it would scare the sh1t out of you. The other day riding with Kaleb, he could get it to wobble back and forth while holding the steering wheel solid. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about enjoy driving it again.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
I like a fast pace, but i don't remember ever thinking you were going too slow at the spring meet.

That's crazy to see. I thought it was scary for me when I had the wrong control arm installed which created about 1/16" slop. That looks like a good 1/4" or more.