Front Suspension Spherical Rod Ends

PyroGuy923

Anyone have the specs for all the front suspension spherical rod ends?

I have to take my front end apart for several reasons and would like to replace these while I'm in there.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Outers - 0.625 ID eye X 5/8-16 (1) LH & (1) RH thread per pair - upper & lower.
Inners - 0.500 ID eye X 1/2-20 all RH thread - at least all of mine are this way.

BTW, haven't heard much from you on the forum, doing okay? Anything new with your Goblin?

PyroGuy923

Thanks.

All is well. Haven’t done a ton with the car recently.

Ordered the new subframe and when I do that I have a new steering rack and the upgraded billet pieces where the front tie rods connect to the spindle.

Want to do a little makeover too. Get my new steering wheel/quick disconnect in, new seatbelts, and finally a wrap to finish it all off.

PyroGuy923

Outers - 0.625 ID eye X 5/8-16 (1) LH & (1) RH thread per pair - upper & lower.
Inners - 0.500 ID eye X 1/2-20 all RH thread - at least all of mine are this way.
Grr. The good ones I've found (QA1 or Aurora Bearing Company) don't have a 5/8-16 option. Only 5/8-18

Sebnuts

My outers on the front were 3/4-16 threads with 5/8ID eyes. They are both RH thread. Maybe squatch's are different because his frame is older?

I replaced mine with 3/4-16 x 3/4ID eyes so I could use high misalignment spacers instead of the safety washers.
If you want to pay for shipping, you can have the ones provided by DF that I replaced. (they are still new, but quality is questionable).

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
5/8-16 would be a very unusual thread size (but not impossible) . I would confirm that they aren'5 5/8-18. Not only would DF have to source those but possibly nuts to go with them.

PyroGuy923

If you want to pay for shipping, you can have the ones provided by DF that I replaced. (they are still new, but quality is questionable).
Quality is one of the reasons I want to replace them. Want something stout.

I’ll try reaching out to support.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I'm sorry, I did misidentify the size of the outers, they are 3/4-16 thread. I hope this didn't mislead you to purchase an incorrect size.
20240210_073925.jpg

PyroGuy923

I'm sorry, I did misidentify the size of the outers, they are 3/4-16 thread. I hope this didn't mislead you to purchase an incorrect size.
Nope but thanks for the confirmation. I emailed support about it.

And I've gone down a rabbit hole. Now I want the same rod ends for the new subframe but guessing it will be $300...

Plan on going with these for the front and new rear subframe.

Last edited:

PyroGuy923

I used these to replace the DF supplied ones and haven't had issues 3 years on now.
As much as I would love those, they are twice the cost of the QA1’s. There will be 20 end links, including the new tubular rear, for me to replace so they are all the same.

PyroGuy923

My outers on the front were 3/4-16 threads with 5/8ID eyes. They are both RH thread. Maybe squatch's are different because his frame is older?

I replaced mine with 3/4-16 x 3/4ID eyes so I could use high misalignment spacers instead of the safety washers.
Did you have to get longer bolts? What angle alignment spacer?

RobC76

There has also been talk about upgraded steel brackets that bolt into spindle and heim joints bolt through. (Main spindle heims). Does anyone know how to get a set of those? Does DF offer them. They are not in DF store.
Thanks

Ross

Goblin Guru
I think you are talking about this bracket that holds the lower hiem? I managed to bend the 1/4" thick ones, but DF supplied the 5/16" thick ones.
I believe all of them are 5/16" thick now, but I would check with them.