Fuel Tank Dimensions

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I believe the tank may be a bit wider at the bottom than the top. I recall the angle of the firewall side following that angle getting wider at the bottom.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The hydromat comes in a lot of different shapes and sizes. I think it will still work if it's not completely flat, although it probably wouldn't like rubbing on the baffle.

PaulPerger

The hydromat is made to work in many configurations, it certainly doesn't need to be flat. I will buy one that will fit only on the lower part though to avoid climbing over that "baffle".

The nice thing about them is they also "hold" some fuel in such a way that sloshing won't affect fuel uptake.

HERE is an excellent video that shows and explains how it works.

ATMironov

I am going to get a Holley Hydromat...
I looked at the Hydromats quite extensively, but couldn't figure out a good way to get it connected to the stock LNF fuel pump, or put a compatible fuel pump in the stock LNF housing. There also isn't a good size of Hydromat to cover the tank (although its not critical for full coverage). I ended up with an Apex pump with siphon jet. The Supercharged fuel pumps may have a better solution.

PaulPerger

I looked at the Hydromats quite extensively, but couldn't figure out a good way to get it connected to the stock LNF fuel pump, or put a compatible fuel pump in the stock LNF housing. There also isn't a good size of Hydromat to cover the tank (although its not critical for full coverage). I ended up with an Apex pump with siphon jet. The Supercharged fuel pumps may have a better solution.
I like the Apex system as well, but this is a much less expensive option. I'll make my final decision after I pull the fuel cell and see the pump. My donor is an '06 LSJ so maybe it will be a simpler fit, or maybe I'll look at other options. Still in the planning stages, but I am very impressed with the Hydromat if I can connect it to the existing fuel pump it is definitely the way I'll go...

ATMironov

I like the Apex system as well, but this is a much less expensive option. I'll make my final decision after I pull the fuel cell and see the pump. My donor is an '06 LSJ so maybe it will be a simpler fit, or maybe I'll look at other options. Still in the planning stages, but I am very impressed with the Hydromat if I can connect it to the existing fuel pump it is definitely the way I'll go...
100% agree. If you can get it hooked to the existing pump, that is the solution.
For what I wanted to do, the cost of the Apex ended up being cheaper than the Hydromat.
Looking forwarded to your solution!

Dsteinhorst

This would be a good option if a decent fit and pump option can be found. I've ran out of gas on a slight incline with 3 gallons in the tank because of the tank shape. I could run a lot further down with one of these.