FYI Transmission spacer for F35

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Hello all,

I just wanted to let you know that if your putting a crate motor in and new transmission and don't have the transmission spacer GM part number12583853 that there is now ONE left in stock in the US at Burdick chevy 1-315-233-0350 I ordered one of the two they had in stock. Its nearly impossible to get anywhere else for a new one.

Nuker-

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Busted as in split into more than one piece? It can still be used as the bellhousing bolts will hold it in place. Just more difficult to install if not one piece.

Grayson

Busted as in split into more than one piece? It can still be used as the bellhousing bolts will hold it in place. Just more difficult to install if not one piece.
Its in 2 pieces, warped and the holes are cracked. I tried to line it up but its really not usable I think. My buddy has a plasma cutter so I could make some but I would need one to take dimensions off of.

Grayson

I'm converting to an F23 and it seems like I still need it but im getting mixed reports from people. If I dont need it ill just put my f23 on.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Yeah, there is lots of info stating needed and not needed. If there are doubts you could always measure the air gap for the slave cylinder/throw out bearing to see if there is sufficient gap without it. ZZP has a good video how to measure this gap.