Goblin for sale

GeorgeM

I’m selling my own Goblin, number 214.
Brand new crate LDK engine with about 2k miles.
Powder coated frame and misc pieces.
Stock K04 turbo tuned to 300hp by ZZP
No issues at all
Clean SC title
214-240-6554
Looking for 20k

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Cool idea mounting the side panels on the inside of the frame rails, never seen that done before. :cool: Great look leaving the frame tubes exposed, still having the protection of the panels.

Is the rear radiator in addition to the front radiator or did you use the front radiator as an intercooler heat exchanger? You also have a nice custom exhaust hiding behind the rear radiator - very nice. Should sell quickly now that others can see how nicely it is built with the custom features! :D

Davidljones88

Cool idea mounting the side panels on the inside of the frame rails, never seen that done before. :cool: Great look leaving the frame tubes exposed, still having the protection of the panels.

Is the rear radiator in addition to the front radiator or did you use the front radiator as an intercooler heat exchanger? You also have a nice custom exhaust hiding behind the rear radiator - very nice. Should sell quickly now that others can see how nicely it is built with the custom features! :D
I bought it

Davidljones88

What color is your frame?
20k is a steal…..
I bought it for $19k
Turbo was bad so that was another $1500
Flight to FL with wife was $600
Hotel $200
Shipping $1200
Speedometer never worked; still troubleshooting
Car didn't have reverse lights
Brake lines were rubbed through
Brake lights didn't work; replaced switch $20
Engine cover $530
Steering rack limiter $35
License mount $30
Tail lights from DF $130
OBD2 battery tender $22
DOT approved headlights $35
Headlight housing $23
Lighting kit $60
Labor for turbo and re-wiring $1200

The list is still growing, but the car will be great once I'm "done."

Davidljones88

I bought it for $19k
Turbo was bad so that was another $1500
Flight to FL with wife was $600
Hotel $200
Shipping $1200
Speedometer never worked; still troubleshooting
Car didn't have reverse lights
Brake lines were rubbed through
Brake lights didn't work; replaced switch $20
Engine cover $530
Steering rack limiter $35
License mount $30
Tail lights from DF $130
OBD2 battery tender $22
DOT approved headlights $35
Headlight housing $23
Lighting kit $60
Labor for turbo and re-wiring $1200

The list is still growing, but the car will be great once I'm "done."
Oh and dyno and tune $700
Car definitely needs a tune

Scott #321

There are several threads discussing this.
#1 verify your alignment and everything is tight including the front (now rear) bushings.
#2 several people are using front wings and or splitters to increase front down force with success.
#3 less commonly addressed but the EPS is made for a much jeaverier front end and is overkill on the Goblin making it sensitive to and slight steering wheel input. Some have removed it for full manual steering and a few have installed Saturn Vue EPs unit which is proportional.
Just some different approaches for you to consider.

Corgithulhu

Alignment would be the first place I would start for stability. The toe being out of spec can cause massive stability issues with the Goblins, even at low speeds.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The Saturn Vue EPs unit is variable, with a potentiometer. I am not sure it is proportional. I wish it was hooked up with the speedometer, and would give maximum power at low speed, and minimal power at high speed... but I don't think it does that.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The Saturn Vue EPS adjuster is available with a GPS controller for speed.
NEW Automatic GPS | Saturn Vue | Electronic power steering controller box Kit | eBay
Not sure it's really needed over the basic one though. I never feel the need to run it above the point that it's at the minimal assist.

Getting alignment and bump steer adjusted are probably the first steps to look at. I went the other direction and added the Saturn Vue EPS while waiting to finish my registration and it helped, but playing with the alignment, bump steer and rear bushings made more of a difference. I can drive it now with the steering assist turned up and it still works well, but I prefer the feel with it turned down.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the review. Nothing beats a review of the actual item being testing on a running DF Goblin. Kevin had a Saturn Vue EPS in his goblin, but hadn't driven his goblin much when I visited him.

I tried my goblin with the Cobalt power steering turned off, but found I made faster lap times with it turned on. I just couldn't turn the sticky tires as fast without the power steering.

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the review. Nothing beats a review of the actual item being testing on a running DF Goblin. Kevin had a Saturn Vue EPS in his goblin, but hadn't driven his goblin much when I visited him.

I tried my goblin with the Cobalt power steering turned off, but found I made faster lap times with it turned on. I just couldn't turn the sticky tires as fast without the power steering.
I agree that turning it off completely doesn't work well at all. There have also been discussions of people putting it on a switch and turning it off while driving highspeed on the interstate and that doesn't work very well either for me., Maybe with a lot less castor angle it might be ok, but its hard to make the muscle memory jump from even the minimum assist to no assist. If you had to make a sudden move with it it off, I found it hard to turn the car enough since it's so different from normal. Maybe with more time running it that way it might work, but its fine on the reduced setting.

Corey

Can you post a startup/walk around vid?

Is the rear radiator in addition to the front radiator or did you use the front radiator as an intercooler heat exchanger?

Davidljones88

Can you post a startup/walk around vid?

Is the rear radiator in addition to the front radiator or did you use the front radiator as an intercooler heat exchanger?
I can get a video once the turbo is finished. The radiator in the front is for the turbo.