GOTW - 3-22-24 #254 Nick Brown

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
This week's Goblin of the Week was built by Nick Brown from Troy, Michigan. After Nick had purchased his donor and was planning his future Goblin, his wife secretly pre-ordered his kit as a surprise and let him know on Christmas Day!

What is your name?
Nick Brown

Where are you located?
Troy Michigan

What is your forum screen name?
@SmsDetroit

Build log on forum:
SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

What is your chassis number?

When did you buy your Goblin?

Tell us a little about yourself.
I’m 45 and have owned a dog training company for 15 years. Prior to that I was a service advisor and a mechanic. I have been into cars as long as I can remember.

How did you become interested in cars?
Grew up with my dad and his car's. I build my fist engine when I was 20. Which was a small block 400. That ended up in my 1985 Camaro.

What drew you to the Goblin?
I always wanted to build my own car from the ground up. I loved the look and performance of the goblin. After reading every build log and seeing the community behind it I was sold.

How does the Goblin fit into your lifestyle? (daily driver, weekend warrior, both)
Both

Tell us about your build. (who did you build it with? where did you build it?)
I’m lucky to have a wife who loves cars too. She ordered my kit for me as a Christmas gift without me knowing (Admin note: It was a lot of fun getting the chance to be part of this Christmas surprise. I'm glad she reached out!). I started out my build flying from Michigan to New Jersey to buy my donor. It flew out and drove it home all in the same day. I built my goblin solo in a carport during a Michigan winter. It took me 21 days to do tear down and prep working nights and weekends. Then once I got all my parts back from powder coat it took me 14 days to get it out on its first drive.

What, if anything, have you modified on your Goblin that sets it apart from others?
I leaned the windshield back 10 degrees, installed a sound system and some other cosmetics. I’ve done some tuning as well

Do you have any memorable road trips, races or events you've attended in your Goblin?
Living in Michigan close to famous Woodward ave. My wife and I take our cars out a lot and cruise on the weekends. I’ve had lots of races. Best was beating 2 lambos 640 Lp side by side that thought I had a buggy.

Is there a particular aspect of the Goblin—be it the design, performance, or community—that you appreciate the most?
The community make this one of the best kit cars on the market. And of course who doesn’t like the performance of this car.

Finally, do you have any future plans for your Goblin—any upcoming modifications, trips, or events?
Is the goblin ever really done. You can always add MORE POWER

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
"Too much horsepower is a myth"
~Jonny Awesome

I though my wife was cool for giving up a kitchen remodel to let my son and I build our together. Yours went a step over that and secretly ordered you one. She just might win the award for #1 Goblin Wife (that's not Brenda Doyle).

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
PA would have a gaggle if more of us were social beings. :oops:
There is like 8? 9? At least 5 are built, 3 are building. I can put names to them, except that red LNF from youtube.

Nice build Nick! You're wife is super awesome for the surprise and that orange color is definitely ok in my book :cool:

Last edited: