Headlight options...

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Does Rigid up here in Mesa, sorry Gilbert, have anything? They can be expensive but have good quality.
Nothing in a 5 3/4 round hi/low beam. The more I look at the Eagles, the more I’m liking them. I did a mock-up photoshop using Bruce’s car. 2nd one is my favorite.

1BE31200-6CEE-48B5-B42B-A4AEC64DA413.jpeg
7275CE3B-4F78-4CDB-BD67-1EF11C06C943.jpeg
9DDC8FEF-4FEF-47E4-8DD6-0AAD0F2D1732.jpeg
5763E770-DDA6-4596-A16C-614D1B6331C9.jpeg
669983C0-C3A8-4329-8252-A7F8F5EF7CBD.jpeg
C6A53758-52D9-46C3-A3A2-A6D7865F4DDA.jpeg
DA6E04D7-9847-4253-967B-E2E9B5ADE41A.png

Kenny123

Really thinking of doing 3 rigid SAE lights per side. I have the lights I just hope that I have enough room between the hood and the wheel as it turns. I do know my frame is welded so only a matter of time to know for sure. Has anyone else used these lights?

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Really thinking of doing 3 rigid SAE lights per side. I have the lights I just hope that I have enough room between the hood and the wheel as it turns. I do know my frame is welded so only a matter of time to know for sure. Has anyone else used these lights?
We use the Rigid Duallys on our car and absolutely love them! We use the flood version for the low beam and the spot version for the high beam and it works out great. They don't follow the DOT guidelines, but I don't think many OEM lights do nowadays.

See our mount: http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/ctuinstras-city-goblin-07-ss-sc-donor-licensed.338/post-10066

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I did something similar. I took 2 Luman led pods that have built in side markers, attached them together and made a bracket to attach to the goblin.

don’t forget, these project a spectrum and not very direct. Blinding other cars is possible. I’m working on blocking some of the light, so it’s more direct on the roadway, at least on low beams.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
don’t forget, these project a spectrum and not very direct. Blinding other cars is possible. I’m working on blocking some of the light, so it’s more direct on the roadway, at least on low beams.
I thought about that also, but about the only real way of doing that is to open the light and paint the lower half of the conical-shaped reflector for each individual LED inside. That way it doesn't reflect up. Trying to put a hood or cover over the top half will not actually block all of the light from the multiple LEDs inside.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ya, painting the lens should work, but mine came with these covers, to change the color of the light and one is black (for some reason), so I was thinking on cutting that and inserting it. I’ll take a pic of the covers sometime today.

The lights I bought came with all these side and lens covers, plus the provided wiring harness is the most stout harness I have ever seen. :eek:

Attachments

Kenny123

I did something similar. I took 2 Luman led pods that have built in side markers, attached them together and made a bracket to attach to the goblin.

Yah thats actually why I got this style. Very direct light pattern so it won't blind others. I'll post a pic of the beam when it's ready. Pretty cool actually.

Kenny123

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Thats what I was thinking too. Good to know you've had success that route.
They are so bright! Kaleb was out in the car one night and I left the house and I saw a car coming towards me with really bright a55 lights and I thought to myself, "If I didn't know better, that seems like it's the kit car", and sure enough it was him. I now realize how good they are.

Kenny123

They are so bright! Kaleb was out in the car one night and I left the house and I saw a car coming towards me with really bright a55 lights and I thought to myself, "If I didn't know better, that seems like it's the kit car", and sure enough it was him. I now realize how good they are.
Haha. Thats awesome !! I am gonna do floods for high and I have really concentrated beams for low. Now just to figure out how to wire it!!