Help with front end alignment in Dallas area

Okay all my wise friends here on the DK Goblin forum. I need your help finding someone who knows how to do alignments on the goblin. I've taken the goblin I just purchased to two different places and when the mechanics look at the front end they "look like a cow staring at a new gate". If you're from Texas you know what that saying means. Like they don't know what the hell to do. One guy that said he was willing to give it a try told me he thought it would be $1,800 because he would have to disassemble the whole front end. I'm not a mechanic but that does not seem normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We found it easiest to take them the recommended specs (found somewhere here on the forum) on a sheet of paper. It's no different than any other car, actually it's easier since most everything is exposed and easy to get to. If they don't know what to do at that point, go somewhere else! There is no dissassembling the whole front end! To adjust the caster and camber, they will have to take the bolts out for the ball joints and turn the ball joints, but if you followed the directions during the build, most of the time they are closed enough and don't have to be re-adjusted.

Now, we took our car in and had them align it using all the latest laser computer alignment and thought we were good. Until Lonny looked at it and noticed our tracking was so far off, you could easily see it with your eyes! Right there in the parking lot of the hotel, he busted out the alignment plates and we put the tracking back in place and aligned the toe. Much better results doing it ourselves!

If you are in Texas, maybe you can bring it by DF and they can help align it.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Tell me your in Texas and I'll come learn. My head's turning. When I hit 50mph you don't know which way it's going
NW side of Houston
Alignment is critical to safe operation with a vehicle like the Goblin. You have to think a lot further ahead than with a normal vehicle since accelerations are so much quicker.
I have seen a few very scary posts where the car is all over the road.

I have a brother who lives in Pearland. I know when it comes to the metropolis of Houston that may not be close however I'll be in touch this week and I may just have to rent a trailer and drive down and take you up on your offer. Because you're correct with that alignment not correct once you get above 70 under hard acceleration you better know what you're doing

FTC

Okay all my wise friends here on the DK Goblin forum. I need your help finding someone who knows how to do alignments on the goblin. I've taken the goblin I just purchased to two different places and when the mechanics look at the front end they "look like a cow staring at a new gate". If you're from Texas you know what that saying means. Like they don't know what the hell to do. One guy that said he was willing to give it a try told me he thought it would be $1,800 because he would have to disassemble the whole front end. I'm not a mechanic but that does not seem normal. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Since you are in the Dallas area you are really close to the DF Goblin crew (Red Oak). Get into contact with Lonny/Adam and see if you can bring your car by. Who better to help than the creators of the kit?

I live in the Dallas area and have been to their shop a few times to chat with them and see what they've got going on. Always a nice visit, and I don't even own a Goblin.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
It’s more about finding a shop willing to do it. There’s an old timer here who didn’t even bat an eye when I brought it in. Got it perfect. Now it was expensive because it’s difficult to adjust all the points but I’d take it back to him in a heartbeat.

It’s more about finding a shop willing to do it. There’s an old timer here who didn’t even bat an eye when I brought it in. Got it perfect. Now it was expensive because it’s difficult to adjust all the points but I’d take it back to him in a heartbeat.

How much did he charge you?