Houston SCCA Autocross

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Where did the whining noise go? :D

your good luck charm in the pass seat. o_O:p When he rode with Bobby, he made his best run too.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I forgot to add track layout. It was actually a “simple” layout, as in there really were not any “gotcha” areas. The biggest problems was traction due to cooler temps and some dirty spots, then the sea of cones going into T1. Coming out of the start gate, just past the first set of cones, it was hard to see the entrance for T1. So much so, they added cones durring first heat when 9 of 15 cars dnf’d immediately.
CAB6176E-3F72-4D8A-9818-07A0EE54C554.jpeg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Congrats to all the award winners! The Houston Goblin gang has a lot to be proud of. :) Seeing Phoenix coming up a lot in this video! :D I hope to add to that total someday.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I tell ya, we have had 200 entrees (sold out) every month, for about the last year and a half now, with some very solid drivers. We are very competitive and have fun. Kind of nice to be recognized on a national level. For as many people as there are, the ship is run every well.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
It’s a kit. The dude needs tires bad or something. He can’t hit the gas or turn at all. :confused: I just looked it up, he came in 184th place out of 184 entries

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Probably needs the suspension alignment done...and better tires like you said. Or maybe some driving lessons how a mid-engine car handles? Take him for ride in a Goblin to show him how it's done. ;)

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Well heck, that's the problem. It's got too much ground clearance, it's sitting up in the air like a Subaru-wannabe-offroader. From that angle you shouldn't be able to see the track official's feet under a GT40. Suspension geometry is probably all wrong - unless he lives down a street with 8 inch tall speedbumps and has to crank it up in air?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Yep. I figured I’d let the side view speak for itself. I’ll try to see what size wheels and such he’s running next time he is there. It’s painful to watch him go around the track. :confused:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
A gentle hand is sometimes is all that is needed to assist the Grasshopper to enlightenment. And sometimes it takes an aggro foot showing off!
Take him for a spin!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
All the alarms went off on our phones, but really got nothing but sprinkles. Looking at the radar it was north of us near Huntsville area maybe the guys in spring got more rain though.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Not autocross, but track and bike. :cool: Last weekend was round 1 for CMRA racing. I have come to the conclusion I don’t have the drive to be some sort of even a half a$$ racer, but I enjoy mixing it up with fellow racers on the practice day. So I did that on Friday. Dry and 80* in February is not a bad thing. Here’s a short video at Motorsport resort Houston (MSRH) practice day.

I’m on my ninja 300 pimped out for racing. I was out there with similar displacement bikes no bigger than 500cc with other racers in novice class.