Is Anyone in New Hampshire

jfunk603

Hello,

i have been very interested in wanting to get a kit car and would love a chance to see the goblin in person either running or in progress. I am willing to help someone out if they want a fresh set of eyes or an extra pair of hands. I have a long background in working with cars and debugging electrical problems. My career is electrical engineering and my time in the service was working on the engines on C-130's. I have spent most my life working on cars with my dad, and i am wanting to eventually take a stab at building one.

I recently got a cobalt i am working on getting running to give autocross a try and to get it ready top be a donor.

Joe

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Hello,

i have been very interested in wanting to get a kit car and would love a chance to see the goblin in person either running or in progress. I am willing to help someone out if they want a fresh set of eyes or an extra pair of hands. I have a long background in working with cars and debugging electrical problems. My career is electrical engineering and my time in the service was working on the engines on C-130's. I have spent most my life working on cars with my dad, and i am wanting to eventually take a stab at building one.

I recently got a cobalt i am working on getting running to give autocross a try and to get it ready top be a donor.

Joe
What year and model of Cobalt? This will make some differences in the responses that you should receive for any questions you may have.
Welcome to the forum.

Sparvy

Hello,

Joe
There are 3 or 4 of us in NH...I think 2 on the road and running (mine being 1 of them). I'm getting mine ready for the spring season and should be back on the road soon following some winter upgrades.

jfunk603

Hi Sasqwatch,

I ended up getting an 06 ss with the LE5 engine. the trans was on the way out and i grabbed one of the new f23's from DF. The engine has 200k on it and the compression was even across the 4 cylinders (120 psi with the other plugs still installed, will re run with them all removed). Personally i am looking forward to doing a rebuild of the engine at some point. i am hoping it will last till i can get it in the kit for a while so i can get used to a 1600lb car then if i fell like it could use more power or not make that call during the rebuild.

Sparvy,

I would love a chance to see your kit at some point if you'd be up for it.

joe

Sparvy

Hi Sasqwatch,

I ended up getting an 06 ss with the LE5 engine. the trans was on the way out and i grabbed one of the new f23's from DF. The engine has 200k on it and the compression was even across the 4 cylinders (120 psi with the other plugs still installed, will re run with them all removed). Personally i am looking forward to doing a rebuild of the engine at some point. i am hoping it will last till i can get it in the kit for a while so i can get used to a 1600lb car then if i fell like it could use more power or not make that call during the rebuild.

Sparvy,

I would love a chance to see your kit at some point if you'd be up for it.

joe
I just got it out for the first time this season today. Your welcome to come check it out one of these weekends.

RichN

Mine has been out a few days this year as well. Happy to show you. I’m in the Concord area