is there a donor car with automatic transmission with a supercharger

bnizzles

The title says it all. I was wondering if there is a donor car that has an automatic transmission with a supercharger?

bnizzles

A supercharger is a (relatively) easy add, if you buy a suitable 2.2 donor.
so what's your take on putting a supercharger on an engine that didn't have a supercharger on it do you think i'll end up with a blown engine in a few months would you do anything before putting the engine in the car ?

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Ss with a 2.4 and auto. Add supercharger. The 2.4 is one of the strongest engines internally. Charging them is not a big deal. Look up Joebob’s build thread. He has done it in his goblin. Fairly common In the ecotec world

bnizzles

Ss with a 2.4 and auto. Add supercharger. The 2.4 is one of the strongest engines internally. Charging them is not a big deal. Look up Joebob’s build thread. He has done it in his goblin. Fairly common In the ecotec world
cool i will did that ty for the info

Tinkles

so what's your take on putting a supercharger on an engine that didn't have a supercharger on it do you think i'll end up with a blown engine in a few months would you do anything before putting the engine in the car ?
The M62 supercharger(stock Cobalt supercharger) will not add enough power to hurt a 2.2L or 2.4L Ecotec. A basic setup will only bump the power up to ~215whp give or take a few which is well below the breaking point of those engines.

GM offered the M62 as a dealer add on kit for the 2003-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier and Pontiac Sunfire. Also Cavalier and Sunfire owners have been installing that kit themselves as well as Cobalt SS/SC "take off" kits for around 20 years now. It has been a decently common and proven modification. Myself personally have helped multiple friends install the supercharger onto their 2.2L Cavaliers/Sunfires and have ran the M62 supercharger on my 2003 Cavalier with a stock engine before being one of the 1st to upgrade to the Harrop HTV1320-LSJ TVS supercharger in their Cavalier/Sunfire.

Keep in mind that a bad tune can destroy a stock engine, but a good one can allow an engine to live past its limit. Again my personal Cavalier has been tuned with HP Tuners by a friend who has proven his talents and has allowed my stock engine to survive for years at the ~300hp area which is where the stock engine's limit is.

bnizzles

The M62 supercharger(stock Cobalt supercharger) will not add enough power to hurt a 2.2L or 2.4L Ecotec. A basic setup will only bump the power up to ~215whp give or take a few which is well below the breaking point of those engines.

GM offered the M62 as a dealer add on kit for the 2003-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier and Pontiac Sunfire. Also Cavalier and Sunfire owners have been installing that kit themselves as well as Cobalt SS/SC "take off" kits for around 20 years now. It has been a decently common and proven modification. Myself personally have helped multiple friends install the supercharger onto their 2.2L Cavaliers/Sunfires and have ran the M62 supercharger on my 2003 Cavalier with a stock engine before being one of the 1st to upgrade to the Harrop HTV1320-LSJ TVS supercharger in their Cavalier/Sunfire.

Keep in mind that a bad tune can destroy a stock engine, but a good one can allow an engine to live past its limit. Again my personal Cavalier has been tuned with HP Tuners by a friend who has proven his talents and has allowed my stock engine to survive for years at the ~300hp area which is where the stock engine's limit is.
cool that sounds like good news ty