Is this book available? Wheel & Tire Decisions For Dummies

Jareth

Goblin Guru
For the life of me I can not figure out any of the ways to determine Wheel & Tire fitment on the Goblin :(

Only thing I know is that I really like these wheels but I’m afraid to buy them, will they fit, will the tires rub when turned to the limits?

I don’t see this size listed in the thread Tires and Wheels List Updated

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Try this one.

Enter the stock rim/tire size and then the wheel/tire combo you want and see what clearance is best.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I'm running a 17x8.25 wheel with, I believe, 35mm offset and don't have any problems. It's very close clock to clock, but it just clears. Your wheel in more narrow and a greater offset setting it out farther.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
The following is what the comparison shows. If i end up with any issue is it just a matter of installing a spacer?

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
There's very little difference between the two tire/wheel combinations. If the first one fits, so will the second one - you should not need any spacer.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Wheel 2 is the factory wheel specs, typically this is set as wheel 1, but doesn’t matter if you know how to interpret the data. Since the 15” wheel would stick out further away from the strut compared to the stock wheel, you won’t have any clearance issues. DF made the goblin to work with the factory wheels without rubbing on the struts, further away from the strut with the 15” is just more clearance.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
r3drckt I have an LS so the stock wheel on mine are 195/65-15

With that being said, you are probably correct if a 215/45-17 fit a stock Cobalt then my assumption will be that they will fit the Goblin with no issues.

Thanks, r3drckt & Desert Sasquatch