ISO Photo of Underside of Completed Goblin

ATMironov

Does anyone have a photo(s) of the entire underside of a completed goblin?
I'm hoping someone has put one on a lift and snapped a photo at some point. I can't find one in search.

Peregrinus

I'm looking to see what would be required to finished an undertray for the car. Both front and rear.
Going to be problematic to install because the bottom rails hold the water lines. You'll likely want to weld on tabs all the way around to install that to before u get the frame coated.

Otherwise it'll all have to be supported from connection points inside the outer frame.

ATMironov

Going to be problematic to install because the bottom rails hold the water lines. You'll likely want to weld on tabs all the way around to install that to before u get the frame coated.

Otherwise it'll all have to be supported from connection points inside the outer frame.
Yup, tabs for sure. I'm curious to see if there are other obstructions that I'll need to work around. I'll be welding on tabs before its sent out for powder.. but I'm trying to avoid fully assembling the car then disassembling it.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Why not just get a sheet of steel and trace it to the underside of the chassis, cut and then weld? Skip the tabs since you’re not painted yet or hoses pulled

ATMironov

Why not just get a sheet of steel and trace it to the underside of the chassis, cut and then weld? Skip the tabs since you’re not painted yet or hoses pulled
Generally I'm going to want everything removable... I wouldn't want to weld a sheet to the underside of the rear subframe.
But for now I'm just looking for a photo of the underside of a completed goblin.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Well, it isn't on a lift but you can see how turbulent the bottom is.
Rear subframe is a little higher than the middle section, at the firewall.

middle floor is pretty flat. 1/4" thick bump for the floor strap. I used caulking to fillet it.

Front bolt on crumple zone and battery area are open on the bottom.

ATMironov

Well, it isn't on a lift but you can see how turbulent the bottom is.
Rear subframe is a little higher than the middle section, at the firewall.
View attachment 20745

View attachment 20741View attachment 20744

middle floor is pretty flat. 1/4" thick bump for the floor strap. I used caulking to fillet it.
View attachment 20742

Front bolt on crumple zone and battery area are open on the bottom.
View attachment 20743
Thanks, this is helpful.
So it look like the only thing that is hanging below the subframe is the parking brake cables?
When I get my frame I should be able to install the subframe (like you did) and mock up a belly sink for the rear with out worrying about other stuff getting in the way during final assembly...