jpr's City Goblin - 07/08 LT donor

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Yes, you can go without it. I'm using mine because it has TPMS, but if I remember right I think TPMS is only found on the newer models. I don't think yours will have that.
08+ are all equipped with TPMS in accordance with the TREAD Act, which required such systems be installed in all new vehicles sold in the US after September 2007.

jpr

The wire colors seem wrong for an SS, what was your donor?
Either an 07 or 08 (got it already disassembled from dhof's classified ad) and I think it was an LT. It was an automatic too, I think that last one you pointed out hooked up to the brake pedal.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Screenshot_20181128-153139.jpg

If you keep the orange wire and hook it to a momentary contact switch it turns on the purple fog lamp wires located in this box.
15434410633881764332483.jpg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I can't figure out why we need the module if we don't have key locks and TPMS. I still think it may have something to do with the key being read in the ignition. If was to that point of starting it, I would see what happens without it.

Nilbog

I didnt keep my module. It was cut out completely. Car runs fine. Is everyone else keeping the module??

IDRVSLO

Goblin Guru
I'm going to unplug mine, once it's all together to see if I can cut it out. Maybe use a wire or two for acc power.

jpr

Well I never did find either the module or the plug, and I've never heard my engine run, so I'm just gonna cross my fingers and hope for the best :D

15 minutes of video left on the harness... hope the @#$% thing will be done by the end of this weekend or so.

jpr

I dunno, the rest of Stage I seems pretty quick compared to all this wiring.

Plus the sooner I finish, the sooner I can sit in it and make vrooming sounds.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I dunno, the rest of Stage I seems pretty quick compared to all this wiring.

Plus the sooner I finish, the sooner I can sit in it and make vrooming sounds.
Stage 1 can be done in a long weekend. The build actually goes rather fast if you aren't customizing everything. We ordered Stage 1 and 2 together and just kept moving.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Also, if you can zoom in and see make out the words/images this was very helpful for me.... unfortunately i didnt run across it until after i was completed with the harness.

View attachment 6364
Pay very close attention to the lengths and this picture junction points where taped. The logic behind this layout will be hugely noticable when installing the harness in your frame. I did not have my frame until later and ran into some frustrating untaping, extending cables. Also I highly recommend reading up on some threads regarding 1-2 ground wires.

Reactions: jpr

jpr

Couple days later and one more rewrap than I'd have liked (taped the horn wire up towards the dash... oops...), but the goshdarn harness is done. On to parts prep! And figuring out how to best do that when it's pretty well below freezing out...

jpr

Any opinions on sandblasting the parts rather than pressure washing? Looks like I could pick up a blasting cabinet that would probably accommodate everything but the subframe for ~$100 off Craigslist. I guess I'd just be concerned about getting media inside the struts...

Nilbog

If you want i'll sell you my new struts cheap. I am going to coilovers.

Also, with a blast cabinet you'll need a bigger compressor. These projects are fun arent they!!?!?

Reactions: jpr