Justin's City Goblin - 08 LS donor

jFritzies

Most of it is pretty easy to thin out. Anything with a yellow connector is airbag. Once you find the abs, it all goes too and some other systems are the same thing. It’s the few that need to stay to keep the engine working and then the tedious job of extending the wires, that get tiring.

And if you are colorblind like me, it adds a new element to the equation. o_O
You’re pretty brave for that! Respect

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I just finished my harness and while I don't know if I did it right, some of the things that helped me was:

Label every connector so you know what it does. this helps determine if you cut or keep.

I kept a lot of extras and options like seat heaters, 12V outlets, door ajar switch wiring, AT, evap, and parking brake switch. Some circuits run up the driver side of the body and dash harness, and some up the passenger side. As you get to the thinning where you label the body to dash harness wires, it helps to have the dash there also to see if any extra wires are cut or saved.

Once you thin all the harnesses, you are fooled to think you are close to being done. Russel was right in that you need to settle down into the long haul of extending and shortening wires. A LOT OF WIRES. Wasn't bad and easy to follow the videos, but takes a while.

luckily I see lots of colors :p

Joe

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
You’re pretty brave for that! Respect
Its been a struggle all my life. The wifey was good at helping, but even she had some problems with some wires due to being faded. I was pretty determined to do it though. There was even some times I just stopped and didn’t even look at the harness for a few weeks. Looking at my pics, it took me a month to do the harness.

jFritzies

That looks amazing. Seeing all these beautifully painted engines makes me feel bad about my flat black engine...
Flat black is still better than stock aluminum in my opinion. Kinda wish I painted the trans black instead of silver. Oh well, might have to swap it later for the ss F35 trans anyway with the power I’ll be making

jFritzies

Alright it’s been a minute since an update but #288 showed up last friday and she’s already off to the powder coat shop!:cool:

2 weeks and $400 later for coating and she’ll be ready to load up the motor and *hopefully* crank over as long as I did all my wiring work right:eek:

jFritzies

It’s been awhile since I posted any updates but that’s because I’ve been non-stop busy tackling the build since I got it back from the powder coat shop! Here’s a collage of how it’s come together since then.