Justin's City Goblin - 08 LS donor

bigred

hey dude, have you got your buggy painted yet?? mine will be here this weekend i believe, i was looking at your wheels, those are badass!, can you tell what backspacing you went with?

jFritzies

One year anniversary of pulling the motor from the donor and getting it ready for paint! Should have some decent weather up here in Oregon this weekend (nice toasty 65° and sunny) so I’ll be taking the goblin out for its first real weekend drive since getting all the bodywork finalized.

jFritzies

Just picked up a used turbo off of a 2007 Saturn sky for $165. 80k miles on the turbo with zero shaft play. Couldn’t pass up on the deal so I guess the turbo build is starting sooner than expected:p. Aiming for for about 200-220whp for the initial build. Stock internals on the 2.2 are weak and shouldn’t exceed 230whp according to ZZP. Might upgrade internals at a later date and aim for 300whp. We will see how it goes!

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Just picked up a used turbo off of a 2007 Saturn sky for $165. 80k miles on the turbo with zero shaft play. Couldn’t pass up on the deal so I guess the turbo build is starting sooner than expected:p. Aiming for for about 200-220whp for the initial build. Stock internals on the 2.2 are week and shouldn’t exceed 230whp according to ZZP. Might upgrade internals at a later date and aim for 300whp. We will see how it goes! View attachment 30739View attachment 30740
Welcome to the boosted life.
No regrets……. :)

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
Those look like new ones, but they look like new ones from the front of a cobalt, which move from the front steering rack to the rear toe bar. DF supplies new ones that are shorter that go on the front steering rack (not sure what they are from or what the part number is off hand). DF also supplies the inner tie rods for the rear toe bar.

jFritzies

Big news. Just got my 2.2/2.4 turbo kit from ZZP. Already ordered wiseco pistons and eagle connecting rods to beef up the internals to withstand the ~300whp I’ll be shooting for. Pistons and rods are back ordered for about a month and I still need to order an upgraded clutch/flywheel as well. Looking to begin the engine build October/November and get it all situated before spring time up here in the PNW. Exciting stuff:cool: