K series swap

Jason d

The path of least resistance would probably be to run the Honda 6 speed with the k20/24. The K series is a fantastic motor, but the trans is less than fantastic. They're known to fail even at stock power, also making them somewhat expensive... Not sure how it compares to an F35/F23. However, because you're going to use it to power something that's half the weight of an 8th/9th gen civic the trans will probably hold up fine in a goblin, but you should probably open it up and replace the syncros at a minimum. Particularly the early 8th gen Si's had a lot of syncro issues. They're fluid-picky, so I've seen a couple "bad" transmissions get "fixed" with some amsoil MTF. With that said, the factory LSD in the Honda trans is surprisingly good for a factory LSD IMO. If you would like to mate a K your GM transmission... Miata's have an ecotec and K swap kit available... but I don't believe patterns are published. It might be a good start to get a rough idea on the differences, though.
I’d definitely run a Honda trans but the end goal would be nice to have a sequential

Ross

Goblin Guru
David goes by Cheddar here on the forum... and on his mechanic shirt, according to the video.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Lol, funny all the talk that always comes up with an alternative powerplant for the goblin and so far the only ones to do it were with electric and rubber bands:p:p:p
This mumbo jumbo is beginning to sound like something out of The Lord of the Rings. I suppose Gollum is also in pursuit of the K motor? And one day if the K motor were to possibly fall into the wrong hands Gandalf will have the most height challenged among us journey to a volcano and throw it in? Will the K motor be able to overcome the limits of traction and improve on the best Eco-Tec 0-60 by a full .01 of a second or maybe more? Who can know? Other than the brave soul that ACTUALLY builds a Goblin with one. I am NOT he; and still we wait...

"We need less Jaw-Jaw and more War-War!": Winston Churchill

P.S. Rubber bands were cheaper BTW, not as fast, but cheaper.

Jason d

This mumbo jumbo is beginning to sound like something out of The Lord of the Rings. I suppose Gollum is also in pursuit of the K motor? And one day if the K motor were to possibly fall into the wrong hands Gandalf will have the most height challenged among us journey to a volcano and throw it in? Will the K motor be able to overcome the limits of traction and improve on the best Eco-Tec 0-60 by a full .01 of a second or maybe more? Who can know? Other than the brave soul that ACTUALLY builds a Goblin with one. I am NOT he; and still we wait...

"We need less Jaw-Jaw and more War-War!": Winston Churchill

P.S. Rubber bands were cheaper BTW, not as fast, but cheaper.
Just the support on Honda motors like the k series vs ecotec’s is just superior.
Put what ever motor you want in the goblin, it’s a kit car at the end of the day,