Leaning Back Windscreen

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I know a few have tilted back their windscreens. Any chance you could measure the angle from hood mount to the bent back tabs holding the screen? Just want to get a rough number to start with, I understand I’ll need to fine tune it.
The only thing aesthetically I dislike on mine is the screen standing straight up.

Sparvy

I know a few have tilted back their windscreens. Any chance you could measure the angle from hood mount to the bent back tabs holding the screen? Just want to get a rough number to start with, I understand I’ll need to fine tune it.
The only thing aesthetically I dislike on mine is the screen standing straight up.
That is one thing that I wish I had done before I had it powdercoated. I'm sure if I tried it now tha it would chip and Crack. I think I'm going to try it anyhow and have it redone if it cracks.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Keep in mind the further the windshield is laid back, the more bend needs to be formed into the bottom frame - and the contour to the hood will need some trimming off the frame bottom. You obviously know the tabs needs to be reangled but the mounting hole locations will need to be drilled in the hood. The bend angle will vary according to how much layback you want.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Per Lonny. The frames at least through 254(which is mine) the windshields were set at 38deg. The later ones were leaned back to 28deg. I took mine off and using 2 crescent wrenches and a rag to avoid scratching the powder coat I was able to lean it back 10deg. But to be honest I wish I went another 5

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Per Lonny. The frames at least through 254(which is mine) the windshields were set at 38deg. The later ones were leaned back to 28deg. I took mine off and using 2 crescent wrenches and a rag to avoid scratching the powder coat I was able to lean it back 10deg. But to be honest I wish I went another 5
Did you have to heat the metal at all?

Sparvy

I'm #262 and mine is the 38 deg more upright style. I just may try using a heat gun and see if I can heat it a bit with that and bend it slowly to lay it back a bit in the spring when I pull it out of storage.

Sebnuts

I'm #262 and mine is the 38 deg more upright style. I just may try using a heat gun and see if I can heat it a bit with that and bend it slowly to lay it back a bit in the spring when I pull it out of storage.
You're not going to get that thing hot enough with a heat gun to make a difference.