double check the maf is in the right wayI've made some progress finalizing the intake piping on my goblin. Per peoples advice, I increased the pipe diameter of my MAF sensor area from 2.5" to 3" for about 18 inches or so. I got a MAP bracket from Adam and welded it onto the 3" pipe as well as a new MAF bracket, so everything is sealed and in place in my new 3" pipe.
I've done some research on MAF scaling on YouTube but I don't fully understand how to manipulate it to get it idling so I can start scanning to dial the MAF back in for the 3" blow through.
- The donor was stock with a draw-through ~3" K&N Typhoon intake
- ECM was stock, car ran fine I'm assuming (I never drove it)
- The goblin runs/idles fine with the 2.5" pipe in blow-through configuration
- Once in 'higher' boost the MAF throws an out of range code occasionally
- The car does not idle or run with the 3" pipe on with the MAF plugged in in a blow-through configuration
- It idles if the MAF is unplugged, as expected
Anyone have some thoughts on what direction I can go to get a base MAF scale to idle and begin scanning?
Add/Subtract? What %? Trial and error until I get a decent idle and then go from there?
Thanks for any thoughts!