Manny's City Goblin - 07 SS/SC Donor

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
No worries... the speed sensor is for the ABS, which we don't use for the Goblin, not the speedometer. I think the speedometer reading comes from the transmission. You can use what you have, but just take the plastic off and cap it like Lonny said.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
No worries... the speed sensor is for the ABS, which we don't use for the Goblin, not the speedometer. I think the speedometer reading comes from the transmission. You can use what you have, but just take the plastic off and cap it like Lonny said.
Sigh of relief.....

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Well the front suspension is about done. Installed the powder coated pieces and the wheels on for fun. I still need to put the brakes on. I am going to go ahead and get the emergency brake kit before I do so though. Don't want to have to go back and redo it later on.

Also powder coated the transmission mounts with the copper vein color.

I preheated the transmission mount and not the shifter bracket. Interesting how the Powdercoat differs.

Everything is turning out so good I think I'm going to buy a cheap or free electric oven so I can eventually do the valve cover, seat brackets and the supercharger.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I finally have what I think is a good hose for the coolant tank. Its hose #88429 I did have to shorten it and add a connector in it.

Since its available....I powder coated some smaller stuff. I think I am going to remove the subframe and paint it a semi glass black. Itll match better.

I installed the brake lines, clutch line and started looking at the steering. Does this set up look correct? I still need to put clamps on them. I had to put the reservoir on the lower holes of the petal box. my grounds aren't long enough so basically everything was getting in the way. It looks a little tilted in the picture I am not sure if its as bad in person. Maybe I'll end up having to make my own holes in the petal box to make it work.

Lastly, I am not sure I kept the longer pipe that goes onto the power steering shaft. Essentially what all of our steering parts attach to. Anyone have an extra one? I looked online, I don't think its a part you can order without getting the whole steering column unit. I'll prob reach out to Adam since they have a bunch of cars.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I got a great condition oven on Craigslist for $50 for powder coating. It’s a convection oven too so theoretically it’ll maintain more consistent heat.
Downside is it’s 220 v so I just have it next to my air compressor and swap as needed.
Use an actual thermometer inside, often the displayed temp is not all that accurate

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
I got a great condition oven on Craigslist for $50 for powder coating. It’s a convection oven too so theoretically it’ll maintain more consistent heat.
Downside is it’s 220 v so I just have it next to my air compressor and swap as needed.
Use an actual thermometer inside, often the displayed temp is not all that accurate
That's exactly what I am after....I'll also have to change the plug out with the heater but, Then i'll be able to powdercoat my seat rails....and whatever else down the road.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
That's going to suck swapping back and forth since you'll want to be using both the compressor and oven at the same time.

Also make sure your compressor breaker and wire can handle an oven. I just wired up my oven in the shop and I needed a 50amp breaker, my compressor only required a 20amp breaker. The compressor wire going to the box was 12 gauge. Oven wire is 6 gauge.

Last edited:

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
That's going to suck swapping back and forth since you'll want to be using both the compressor and oven at the same time.

Also make sure your compressor breaker and wire can handle an oven. I just wired up my oven in the shop and I needed a 50amp breaker, my compressor only required a 20amp breaker. The compressor wire going to the box was 12 gauge. Oven wire is 6 gauge.
My compressor is small. So I've got it on another outlet. Now it's warmer so I won't need the heater.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Knocked out a few more items. Finally found my steering column so I powder coated and installed the steering wheel stuff as well as the DF boost gauge mount.

IMG_20190324_200418.jpg

Also installed the rear steering support bar and fixed my brake fluid reservoir mounting.

Here are the 3d printed caps from DF on my front hubs. Looks clean.
IMG_20190324_201507.jpg

Took apart the front brakes in prep for powdercoating. It's going to take me a bit to get them down to metal without blasting them so I am trying to figure out what I'm going to do there...

IMG_20190322_200757.jpg

I'm almost test drive worthy...I just need to get the brakes all done. Bleed the clutch. Install the solid mounts and figure out if my shift cables need adjusted...

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Small update. Test fitted the driver seats and installed the stainless lines. Replaced the transmission fluid.

For those of you wondering about how small my powdercoating "booth" is...Its basically just a small storage container. Then I am using a small convection toaster oven.

I ordered an Corbeau seat harness and a couple buttons for the dash gauges. Hoping to get those completed this week. I found a guy who is willing to blast my brakes (and whatever else) for me. So no compressor dilemma now. Once I receive the rears from Adam, I'll run them over to the guy. Thats pretty much the last item I need to test drive it.