Mid Michigan Car shows.

Hayden2053

I'm always in town for Frankenmuth Autofest, but I don't plan on entering it any car show really
Ok, I was just wondering since with having a car and wanting to get out about now I thought about seeing if anyone taking their goblin to and car shows. If you don't mind as well I also have a few questions for you about your goblin and how you got around needing safety glass. Can start a conversation thing if you'd like

RobC76

Mine is not even close to done. Hopefully be able to get back to it shortly. Remodeling one of my dealerships and its taking my focus off the car.

Hayden2053

Winter. That’s unacceptable. It must be on the road this summer.
I fully agree I'm getting very impatient to have enough for mine. But I'm also racing the clock with the risk of the v1 goblin no longer being made. Still no clue how much shipping will cost either and 250 out of my biweekly check does not add up to much

TravMac

Depending on where you are, a few folks autocross around Michigan too. Those are always like a fun version of a car show. Saw a C8 and a few interesting Audi's in my last one. Maybe check out your local SCCA for race dates and take something you might already have and have some fun!

Hayden2053

Depending on where you are, a few folks autocross around Michigan too. Those are always like a fun version of a car show. Saw a C8 and a few interesting Audi's in my last one. Maybe check out your local SCCA for race dates and take something you might already have and have some fun!
Sadly all I have is a 2014 impala so I don't have much yet

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Hayden, have you seen the post by "comegetjoe" 2009SS/TC $2700 in Pennsylvania, sounds like a bargain! I don't believe you can drive it home! Pull the bumper cover off, get a cheap tow bar(Northern Tool, $75?) and flat tow it home! You could probably flat tow a Cobalt with the average V6 Minivan; towing it with any full size truck would be a breeze. Flat towing a vehicle is much easier than trailer towing as it is just following you, very little tongue load on the tow vehicle. In my experience flat towing is easier than a tow dolly, we tow a 2017 jeep behind a 40' RV, kit rolls in the shadow of the tow vehicle so it follows like a train car. Be sure the tires are inflated but that is true of all towing. OH! the only BAD rule is when flat towing, don't back up.

Hayden2053

Hayden, have you seen the post by "comegetjoe" 2009SS/TC $2700 in Pennsylvania, sounds like a bargain! I don't believe you can drive it home! Pull the bumper cover off, get a cheap tow bar(Northern Tool, $75?) and flat tow it home! You could probably flat tow a Cobalt with the average V6 Minivan; towing it with any full size truck would be a breeze. Flat towing a vehicle is much easier than trailer towing as it is just following you, very little tongue load on the tow vehicle. In my experience flat towing is easier than a tow dolly, we tow a 2017 jeep behind a 40' RV, kit rolls in the shadow of the tow vehicle so it follows like a train car. Be sure the tires are inflated but that is true of all towing. OH! the only BAD rule is when flat towing, don't back up.
I am looking at a copary auction for the exact car I want for my kit right now