MX184's Roadster Bodied Track Goblin #311 Log

MX184

Update:
Talked to Kim at DFHQ today and ordered stage 2&3. With the lead time and shipping time it should work out that it arrives right when I will need it. Things are getting ready to get REALLY busy around here because I now am trying to finish this car COMPLETELY by December 3rd. I'll go into whats significant about that date at a later time when its official. Trust me its going to be worth the late nights and long weekends.

So with that being said I am promptly diving into the wiring harness tonight. Wish me luck :oops:.

MX184

Managed to work my way thru the fourth video of the harness series this weekend. I noticed I accidentally cut the key lock actuator wire at some point. I'll add it back in if necessary, I think it goes back on the BCM plug, maybe? Its the only place I see a cut green/white wire. Hope to get another video or two done this week although I'm not going to have a chance to work on it during the next weekend. Picture was taken saturday morning halfway thru one of the videos.

I also ordered my seats today. I originally was going to go with Kirkey aluminum but stumbled on pair of Sparco fiberglass seats on sale that look much more comfortable. They were a little more coin than planned but should be worth it. UPS tracking says the pair should be here by end of next week.

MX184

The Sparco Sprint seats arrived Friday and I didn't have a chance to check them out until today. I ordered the large size and with my 33" waist these fit me like a proper racing seat should and are still surprisingly comfortable. After fooling around with them I noticed why others have added a second harness bar. I may do the same down the road once I get proficient at welding.

In other news the order of resin and mat to fix and modify the body shipped out today! I also started back on the wiring this evening o_O, progress is SLOWLY being made......one beer at a time.

Next-gen had those seats to sit in. I think they were medium and seemed too small. But I did like them. They had a nice profile for a small car. After installing my harness, I'll be trying to figure out a legit harness bar. My seats ended up too high. Drove by a couple times, haven't cought the garage open l. Soon! Cheers to the beers

MX184

Today's update: I knocked out all the wiring short of wrapping it all up with tape! Took longer than expected but thats the case with just about any project right? Now on to the fun stuff.... actually bolting parts to the car.

MX184

Starting to check things off pretty quickly now. Paid for Stages 2 & 3 yesterday (ouch). Instead of writing out where I'm currently at I'll let the photos explain the progress. Thinking I might maybe have the engine installed this weekend since I have three days off. I'll report back later if that happens.

Won't be long and I'll be pulling the body out of the rafters and figuring out how to drop it on the chassis. :D

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
No it'll go to it's proper location shortly. Right now it's just keeping stuff from getting into the master.
I was imagining a hole in the hood and the story you could tell about easily bleeding the brakes while building…… :0

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Starting to check things off pretty quickly now. Paid for Stages 2 & 3 yesterday (ouch). Instead of writing out where I'm currently at I'll let the photos explain the progress. Thinking I might maybe have the engine installed this weekend since I have three days off. I'll report back later if that happens.

Won't be long and I'll be pulling the body out of the rafters and figuring out how to drop it on the chassis. :D
View attachment 33217

View attachment 33218

View attachment 33219

View attachment 33220
Did you maybe buy that steering wheel from Tim? @Desert Sasqwatch

;)

MX184

Did you maybe buy that steering wheel from Tim? @Desert Sasqwatch

;)
It's from a local guy down here, Innovative Racecraft.

MX184

Three day weekend mission accomplished! Even went and goofed off Sunday morning on the dirt scooters for a couple of hours. Only issue I had was with the braided stainless radiator hoses from Amazon. After a couple of hours of struggling to install one fitting and a phone call later with Vibrant I found out the Amazon hose had too thick of a wall for the Vibrant -16 fittings by almost double. So I went ahead and installed the rubber hoses that came with the kit.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I struggled with those -16 fittings as well. Sourced some quality ones locally thankfully and was able to get it sealed up after some leaks. Would definitely go rubber hoses next time if I built another

MX184

This weekend consisted of getting the fuse box installed as well as routing the rest of the radiator hoses and more painting. I somehow managed to crack my overflow tank so I'll have to get another one of those before I add fluids and try for a first start.

In other news, this giant crate arrived this week.......containing stages two and three!

MX184

Still chipping away a couple hours here and there as the florida heat and humidity allows. Carproblem came by again this weekend with his goblin and it gave me some ideas of things I want to change on mine. Mainly the routing of the fuel lines using coated clamps. I might even take it one step further and buy ptfe lines so I can run E85 down the road if I wanted to. I did get it to fire up for the first time last weekend, on the second crank! Next step is to get the seats installed and remote mount the brake reservoire. After that get the suspension mounted and pull the roadster body down out of the rafters!