Navigating the Forum

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I think I’m pretty good at getting around on this forum but it seems like there are some people that can find the impossible on here. What are some tricks on searching and sharing? Ie build logs post about repairs etc

Rauq

Goblin Guru
In my opinion it's a combo of having read everything and being willing to open all the search results for a given search. I know it looks funny when folks look over my shoulder at my browser but if I'm really trying to find something that I know I've seen before I'll have like 20 tabs open.

I also find folks are more willing to help when questions are asked in their build thread versus creating a new thread for each individual question (this question exempted).

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
As you're researching prior to the build, during the build, and after the build I've found myself setting bookmarks on tips, things I may run in to or want to do etc. and make sure to label the bookmark accordingly. So, I just search though my bookmarks first and then utilize the forums search (then setting a bookmark as needed).

Over time you'll notice people asking generally the same questions and bookmarks make it easy to recall the link.

PyroGuy923

Reading other build logs helped me out, especially in the beginning.

As I would find little nuggets of info I put them in my Google Doc so I had them for later.