NEED A QUESTION ANSWERED

Stanley Bryant

Where all my tech guys at need to know my Donor 2009 Cobalt ss turbo has traction control and LUNCH CONTROL. When I build my Goblin will that transfer or how to make it transfer please advise.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
You remove the abs system during disassembly, therefore you will not have ABS, traction control (because they use wheel speed sensors to detect slip and apply brakes through the abs system), and since no traction control you won’t have launch control either (for the same reasons above). I believe someone has attempted, or is attempting, to implement the ABS into their Goblin, but it’s a time consuming process and you have to also remember that you are utilizing the drive train in a configuration that the ABS wasn’t designed for. It won’t work how you might think and would require serious tweaking to get it functioning correctly (not to mention specialty tools).

ATMironov

That's @ATMironov working on ABS, nobody else is trying that I'm aware of. It's expensive and probably one of those things that if you have to ask how to do it... you probably can't pull it off.
I am putting ABS into the car, but its not from the Cobalt.
Its a stand alone system from an E46 M3.

Traction control would have to be a separate system, probably would have to go to a stand alone ECU for the engine so it could control spark/fuel.

I'm with everyone else. I think if you got the Cobalt system in the car it would not work due to the axels being reversed...