New DF Shifter Review

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I finally got around to installing the new DF Shifter, just in time for the October meet up. I took the car our tonight to test it and my adjustments. Wow! I really love this thing. Sitting in the garage, you can tell it feels a little bit better, but on the road is where you really notice it. The shifts feel so much more solid and confident. You can feel that while shifting into the next gear that after you get past a certain point, you can feel the transmission pulling it the rest of the way. This is something that I didn't notice with the OEM shifter setup. It always felt a bit "gooey".

It, like any other shifter, takes a bit to get all of the adjustments just right. I had some problems with the rear cable mounting bracket (on the transmission), even with the original shifter. Mine is one of the earlier designs and I believe this has been addressed. Either way, I drew up a new design for a bracket and Kaleb is going cut and weld it up for me. In the mean time, I was able to elongate the mounting holes in current bracket to get it to work for now.

I'm also working on 3D printing new cup holders. The one that we had won't fit the new set up. I'll post those files in the 3D print section.

This is the design of the new bracket to be cut from flat stock. It will need to be bent on the slots and welded.

This is a prototype of a center console. Designed to fit two phone and our key fob and mount over the tunnel cap.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
I agree, the new shifter is incredible! My only complaint is the size of the threaded hole for the knob.

95Blitz

I'm with you guys the new shifter is great, I think a must have. I was in on the group buy of the other shifter and never could find 5th gear. With the new shifter it falls right into 5th like it should.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
What shifter setup did you have before going to the DF Shifter? Stock, Group Buy unit, something else?