New guy from NC. Hello everyone!

Chris_WNC

I'm new on the board and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Chris and live in very rural Western NC. About halfway between Asheville and Charlotte. I have a communications and electronics background. I also spent some time in body armor R&D and manufacturing. Now I'm semi-retired and work 20 hours a week at a small laser cutting shop running fiber and CO2 lasers.

I placed my order this week and am officially on the build wait list. :) I ordered an auto/base, standard length, full cage, double lower entry bars with the body components and a few other pieces. The goal is to have a turbo/auto car to scoot around with on our many twisty back country roads.

My game plan is to start with an Auto/Base Goblin and donor car. Then add a fresh LDK/ZFR 6758 crate engine and treat the whole thing as if I did base kit and added a turbo later. Should be very easy with zero hiccups! lol.

The easy part for me is done. I've ordered the Goblin kit. I also ordered the LDK/ZFR 6758 and some wheels and tires. I'm going to spend the next few months reading everything on the forum, gathering other ancillary parts, and picking a local donor to start with.

You guys are a great resource. The build logs are awesome and I'm going to finish reading through every one of them in the next week or two. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to the group before I started posting in other areas.

CHRIS

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Welcome!

You guys are a great resource. The build logs are awesome and I'm going to finish reading through every one of them in the next week or two. Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to the group before I started posting in other areas.
Good luck with that. o_O

MJP61

Welcome to the Forum!! I got my kit delivered last week and have enjoyed every step so far. Not a single hiccup yet. LOL

Corgithulhu

Welcome fellow western Carolinian! I'm in Greenville, SC, and I know a few others are in the SC upstate area as well as western NC. We're a quickly growing area!

Chris_WNC

Welcome fellow western Carolinian! I'm in Greenville, SC, and I know a few others are in the SC upstate area as well as western NC. We're a quickly growing area!
I'm seeing that now. I'm just above Spartanburg on the NC side.

EDIT: And we have Corgis too. 7 adults and a batch of 8 puppies now.
CHRIS

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I'm interested in a western NC meet if you can add me in also. The further west the better for me (I have spent a lot of time between Robbinsville and Hot Springs).

Rauq

Goblin Guru
I'm north of being between Greenville and Spartanburg, so somewhat in the same neck of the woods.

I am curious on the LDK setup, you're not going to have the electronics to drive the direct injectors, unless you're talking about putting your base model motor's head with port fuel injection on the LDK block with the LDK intake and exhaust manifolds.

Last edited: