New here, have kit questions

BigWaveDave

Greetings All,

Really intrigued by this kit/build, so I have a few questions:

1. Is there an additional fee for the extended length track frame? If so, how much? For clarification, I'm 6'2".

2. For Adam and Lonny: regarding the Track kit: NASA and SCCA race group rules require a Master Kill switch that cuts the battery and alternator in the event of an emergency. I know you're busy with the build videos right now, but will you address this at some point soon?

3. As my potential build would be strictly for track use, I'd want to add water temp and oil pressure gauges. Anyone done this? And how?

4. If I come to Texas to pick up the kit, can I get all three kit stages at the same time?

5. Prior to ordering, can a visit be arranged to your shop to see if I fit in the standard or extended length frame?

6. Last one. Will there be build videos to cover the assembly of the kit once all the donor prep videos are produced?

Thanks in advance...!

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Greetings All,

5. Prior to ordering, can a visit be arranged to your shop to see if I fit

Thanks in advance...!
Hi Dave,

Emailing Adam though their website is best for direct questions... Im not sure on the added cost for the extended frame, a few others on here have bought the extended version so hopefully they will chime in.

2) Adding a Master kill switch is pretty simple. Im adding one, theres really nothing you would have to change. Just wire one in.

3) Im also adding oil pressure and water temp gauges. Again nothing to change there. The ecotec engine we use has threaded holes in the oil passages, it will require an Autometer adapter, the part number escapes me now but Ive already ordered one and it fits. The water temp is a simple splice into the radiator hose.

4) I dont want to speak for DF... but you can probably get stage one and two at the same time. Last I spoke with them the 3rd stage isnt going to be ready for several months as they need to finish the (expensive) body panel molds.

5) Lots of us have visited the shop, and you will almost assuredly fit the extended frame. It fit my friend when we visted who is about 6'6"

7) Last I checked they are making videos for all steps from donor to finish.

Welcome!

AleX1/9

Greetings All,

3. As my potential build would be strictly for track use, I'd want to add water temp and oil pressure gauges. Anyone done this? And how?
Look up the aero force interceptor gauge, it plugs into the OBD port and provides a gauge for everything the ecu reads

DanPerryy

I'm 6'4 and have the extended frame. I have not yet installed my seat completely but I have to move the seat bottom quite a bit forward to reach the pedals. Another builder from Austin (errorunknown) - Tom - is also 6'2. He opted for the regular chassis.

TomsGarage

I'm 6'4 and have the extended frame. I have not yet installed my seat completely but I have to move the seat bottom quite a bit forward to reach the pedals. Another builder from Austin (errorunknown) - Tom - is also 6'2. He opted for the regular chassis.
Yes I tried the extended frame and had to extend my legs all the way to operate the clutch, even with the seat all the way forward. If I remember correctly, the closest position on the extended frame is 3" farther back than the farthest back position on the standard frame.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everybody for chiming in with the answers to Dave's questions.

I'm not sure where you are located but feel free to come by any time you want.

Also, we will be doing full build instructions. I just uploaded the last wiring harness video. The next video will cover preparing the donor pieces (clean, paint, slight mods). Then we will finally get into the actual build.