New Item - Tubular Subframe and Rear Suspension for Manual Goblins

Norbs

Looks like i need to add this to the upgrade list for next year.

Once i get stage 2 invoiced and on the way i can start saving for this. Let’s gooooo!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
@Lonny , @Adam , this is great news! As you're very aware, this upgrade has been highly anticipated. Now's the time for our hard-core racing crowd to take that step up to a higher level of performance - and maybe Russell will finally best those pesky M- BMWs and Miatas that everyone loves to hate. :p

One question tho - will this new subframe mount up if the F40 transmission is used? I'm thinking there are at least a few builders who may be curious about this.

Thanks for keeping the Goblin moving at the cutting edge for performance upgrades!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
@Lonny , @Adam , this is great news! As you're very aware, this upgrade has been highly anticipated. Now's the time for our hard-core racing crowd to take that step up to a higher level of performance - and maybe Russell will finally best those pesky M- BMWs and Miatas that everyone loves to hate. :p
bmw guy beat me by .07 this time. I have his number o_O Now I have to worry about full race LS swapped Porsche 944 :eek:

Justin

Will this work with the parking brake kit? Im interested but want to make sure i can keep my ebrake

Dale E

Since only Lonny, Adam, and family members, plus Justin Reed have experience with this new subframe and workings, everyone's questions should be directed and answered by them. Justin posted some pictures, and the ones I took. Those should be viewed as installed at that particular time on said Goblin and NOT the final rendition.

Wait for Lonny, Adam and Justin to chime in on the detailed application. Otherwise, speculation and questions will be ethereal.

KSLunsfo

I would definitely LIKE to have this, don't quite think now is the time for me though. What's the prospects of getting one of these later on look like? Another group buy type thing like this first batch or will they be more "build to order" at that point. @Adam

ccgillett

Questions:
(1) Will this work with the standard chassis, or extended only?
(2) I bought and installed the DF rear coil overs a while ago. Are they compatible still?

Sebnuts

Questions:
(1) Will this work with the standard chassis, or extended only?
(2) I bought and installed the DF rear coil overs a while ago. Are they compatible still?
You are unlikely to get any official responses to your questions here, but I can't see why it wouldn't work for a standard or extended. Likewise, there's no reason the DF rear coil over kits wouldn't work.

Ross

Goblin Guru
(1) It will work with both frames. The extended frame gets an extra 4" right in front of the seats. That is why there is 2 bars there.
Both the short and long frames use the Cobalt subframe, which is the part that new subframe replaces.

(2) Yes, it will work. The prototype car above has the BC shock, Also, the stock shock is interchangeable.

D&dgoblin69

Iam interested in the rear subframe as well . Iam still slowly building 436. Iam probably a year or two out before I’d get one though.keep making them.