New wiring harness coming out!! Plug and play.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I think I was viewer number one moments after the video was posted, and yes I'm one that is currently struggling with thinning out the harness right now :(

Sure most might like to have an idea when you anticipate first release? Mine would be a 2010 base model with an automatic transmission.

KSLunsfo

@Lonny

Does the kit that I got have an alternative method for whatever that retainer does?
Unless it changed another time along the line, there should be a worm gear clamp included for this. It just keeps the custom machined piece down into the master cylinder and sealed, this piece is what allows the reservoir to be removed to a remote location.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Unless it changed another time along the line, there should be a worm gear clamp included for this. It just keeps the custom machined piece down into the master cylinder and sealed, this piece is what allows the reservoir to be removed to a remote location.
‘Thanks, then I’m sure that is most likely in one of many boxes I got

I think I was viewer number one moments after the video was posted, and yes I'm one that is currently struggling with thinning out the harness right now :(

Sure most might like to have an idea when you anticipate first release? Mine would be a 2010 base model with an automatic transmission.

I don’t think this ever came to fruition.

LaunchPad

I had the same questions not so long ago! try as we might we never could get a hold of that guy in the video.

The discussion kind of hides pretty good on the forum even though it got pinned to top of the section under build discussion/ electrical.
DF Kit Car service: Reworking the wiring harness | DF Kit Car Forum

I just sent my harness in about a week back for re-work. i expect that i will get a bill when it is done. last i heard they are approx 60days out

Right now i am missing the knowledge base link about what parts of the harness to send and where. when i locate the link i will post it back in here

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Right now i am missing the knowledge base link about what parts of the harness to send and where. when i locate the link i will post it back in here
Call DF and ask, pretty sure this is an FAQ. 60 days out! Sounds like an excellent excuse to drive to Red Oak and pick it up + visit DF.
(I am fairly sure you send in all wiring except the black rectangle plug/engine harness. Prolly want to insure that package for crazy money, because nobody wants to pull THAT harness for free.)

Last edited:

LaunchPad

well it was kinda crazy shipping. . .$81 with NO insurance thru UPS.

i believe there were 5 individual harness as requested by DF and NO modules or mounts.

still looking for my link and/or the emails goblin sent me to arrange the job- i am not sure why the knowledge base part of the website is so hidden but that is how it comes across.

LaunchPad

Last edited by a moderator:

LaunchPad

I emailed and tried to call the numbers in the links. Got nothing….
which links? DF goblins links or the YouTube guys links?

the YouTube guy has been unreachable for some time. Oldb1 and i even tried calling the YouTube guys business which is also defunct. maybe COVID got him?