One Part You Wish DF Offered

escapepilot

Goblin Guru
What is one part you wish DF offered instead of using the Cobalt part?

For me, it is a simple part - the parking brake cable tubes. They often are forgotten. Difficult to remove from a car that still has the interior. Not the right shape for the now standard extended chassis. And should be very simple for DF to fabricate.

TravMac

Those are all great thoughts!

Part of me would have liked the option for a DOT glass. A lot of states need that for registering, so would have really been nice to have something that fit the car well without needing fabrication for folks that are more limited to that capability.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru

Part of me would have liked the option for a DOT glass. A lot of states need that for registering, so would have really been nice to have something that fit the car well without needing fabrication for folks that are more limited to that capability.
Good idea, taking it further by putting it in an extruded aluminum frame similar to those used on the Meyers Manx type dune buggy, so that it will attach to the available full cage front bars. the frame would be bent to conform to the shape the front bars define.

Metal Mech

Even larger fenders for 255-275 wide tires.
I would also love a version of the extended (now standard) frame that makes room for a bigger gas tank instead of more cabin space. Then again I am not a tall guy and the standard cab works for me.

Tinkles

Even larger fenders for 255-275 wide tires.
I would also love a version of the extended (now standard) frame that makes room for a bigger gas tank instead of more cabin space. Then again I am not a tall guy and the standard cab works for me.
I have a 15 gallon fuel tank in mine... The post is linked in my signature.

I plan on cutting up aftermarket fiberglass Ford T-bucket fenders to fit my 245s/275s. Speedwaymotors.com sells them.

Chubbs

How about a keychain?

Second option, a DF horn button. They sell one with their steering wheel kit, but I already have a wheel. I just need the button.

Ross

Goblin Guru
You can add a second gas tank, I have room on top of the current gas tank, and then run the air vent from the main tank to the bottom of the auxilliary tank. Then the engine will empty the auxillary tank first, and will then start drinking from the main tank.
I use to do this when I used a motorcross motorcycle with a small gas tank, on long cross country races. I didn't stop for fuel.

Fozda

Goblin Guru
You can add a second gas tank, I have room on top of the current gas tank, and then run the air vent from the main tank to the bottom of the auxilliary tank. Then the engine will empty the auxillary tank first, and will then start drinking from the main tank.
I use to do this when I used a motorcross motorcycle with a small gas tank, on long cross country races. I didn't stop for fuel.
I'm not sure if that would work since the fill cap on the goblin is so low and, from my experience, it doesn't seal.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Good point. You would need a fill cap that doesn't breathe, so the breather tube will suck fuel out of the auxillary tank, the auxillary tank's breather tube will breathe for both tanks.
The motorcycle main gas tank is lower than the number plate auxillary tank, and it worked.

Metal Mech

I have a 15 gallon fuel tank in mine... The post is linked in my signature.

I plan on cutting up aftermarket fiberglass Ford T-bucket fenders to fit my 245s/275s. Speedwaymotors.com sells them.
Im working on something custom as well, but would prefer something bolt on. Don't have a lot of room, tools or experience to work with fiberglass.

Metal Mech

How about a keychain?

Second option, a DF horn button. They sell one with their steering wheel kit, but I already have a wheel. I just need the button.
A keychain, maybe a banner/flag to hang in the garage. I enjoy merch for cars I own.

Keckster

Good idea, taking it further by putting it in an extruded aluminum frame similar to those used on the Meyers Manx type dune buggy, so that it will attach to the available full cage front bars. the frame would be bent to conform to the shape the front bars define.
Definitely agree on the glass windshield. Here is the one I ended up designing
IMG_1131.jpg