PARTS? Little bits and stuff found!

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Have you lost some bolts, brackets or other cobalt tidbits?
I just finished helping a Goblin in Ft. Worth get finished, that was fun! I try to help builds when I can.
I go to the yards every 2 weeks or so. I am willing to pick and send little bits and parts. The bigger stuff can be trouble, shipping prices for big or heavy stuff can be expensive!
Send me pix of the doodad you’re searching for or a really good description and I’ll see if I can find and send it. I’m not looking to make money, cover the part and shipping. I’ll trust ya, pay me when you get it. (Big pieces of wiring and connector pig tails are usually cheap. No sensors or injectors please!)
I’ll be out in the junk either way, just hoping to help others out!

Mattc3366

If you happen to come across a manual cobalt in the yard I’m looking for the spring that’s in the clutch pedal assembly. Found mine broken when I built the goblin. Explains why cruise control never worked in the cobalt all those years

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
If you can, im looking for the two small bolts that hold in the igition assembly. Im currently using some make shift bolts with like 6 washers. Theyre pretty small.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
If you happen to come across a manual cobalt in the yard I’m looking for the spring that’s in the clutch pedal assembly. Found mine broken when I built the goblin. Explains why cruise control never worked in the cobalt all those years
I'll need more info on this one. Year? A pic of the broken one?

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
If you can, im looking for the two small bolts that hold in the igition assembly. Im currently using some make shift bolts with like 6 washers. Theyre pretty small.
I'm going to need pics or even drawings of what ignition parts/ screws you are needing. Feel free to message if you want. I'm in Idaho Falls this week, not finding a yard locally yet! (NOT a big town for sure.) There has got to be a self serv yard here! Salt Lake next week, I'm sure they have yards there!

comegetjoe

Goblin Guru
I'm going to need pics or even drawings of what ignition parts/ screws you are needing. Feel free to message if you want. I'm in Idaho Falls this week, not finding a yard locally yet! (NOT a big town for sure.) There has got to be a self serv yard here! Salt Lake next week, I'm sure they have yards there!
Best I can do since I dont have the originals. Maybe someone else can chime in with a better picture. The replacment bolts I used are an 8mm head, I believe a 6mm thread and they should be about 6-8mm in length. Not very big at all and thats likely why I lost them. I'm just not a fan of the look of several washers in place with a bolt that is longer than normal and not original.
16961780664634153699477962165896.jpg

CCascioli

Put me in line for the red cap for the fuse box positive post… it drives me insane seeing it missing lol, I will gladly pay whatever you ask for one :)

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Put me in line for the red cap for the fuse box positive post… it drives me insane seeing it missing lol, I will gladly pay whatever you ask for one :)
I'll need an address. You can message that to me so it's not on the open forum. Unless you are in Idaho Falls this week. Or Salt Lake, Moab, Tucson or El Paso. Those are our next 4 stops between now and about December 10. Then I'm in Galveston (with a side trip to DFW for Christmas week Grand kid visiting.)

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Best I can do since I dont have the originals. Maybe someone else can chime in with a better picture. The replacment bolts I used are an 8mm head, I believe a 6mm thread and they should be about 6-8mm in length. Not very big at all and thats likely why I lost them. I'm just not a fan of the look of several washers in place with a bolt that is longer than normal and not original.
View attachment 43128
I'll be looking this next week. I haven't had reason to have steering columns apart. there are just 2? I may actually have some from some other place on the body but I'll look for originals first.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
View attachment 43128
Joe. I'm in Idaho Falls this week. A nice but small town! Hoping for better luck in the Megalopolis of Salt Lake City next week! The one yard I found that is self serv here had Zero Delta Platform cars!
I made a local friend(Imagine, he works in a potato processing plant, in Idaho. Weird huh?) who drives a S/C SS. He was excited to learn more about his car! Thinks he might Goblin it with his son in a few years; but it's a Cali car so no rust yet! Keeping the interior intact in these cars is tough and the disintegrating door panels makes driving them unappealing. He is at 160K miles and may be on original timing set. I recommended he replace his timing set if he cannot find proof it was done before he bought the car at 135K mi. Dead motors kill these cars, rust kills them dead! Timing chains are the biggest culprit I hear about. I wouldn't trust a timing set beyond about 150K IIRC.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
General info: Those little red +caps are also on Chevy Equinox/ GMC Terrain. I don't have a year but maybe because the Equinox went beyond 2010 they can still be bought at GM, if you say it is for an Equinox?
Most people don't realize the ten year rule with the Feds regarding car replacment parts. Manufacturers must have parts available for their product for 10 years after production ends. The big companies destroy and sell off their parts back stocks enmass, after the deadline. Obsolete? Yeah, this is planned obsolecence, but it was much worse in the past! Parts that don't sell and just take up space, cost warehousing and inventory$$; no manufacturer wants to pay to store stuff that is never going to sell. Not every part is disposed of, some bits fit other cars and years so they keep them until that 10 year ends.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Yesterday was a banner day for me at a yard in Pocatello, ID, 5 batt + terminal caps, (though one is faded to pink, I'll be charging extra for that one.) And that place had No Cobalt's! One Saturn Ion, the rest were on GMC Terrain/Chevy Equinox. I'll stop collecting these when I have 20 in stock.
Salt Lake City next week may prove even more productive, bigger town! Based in Idaho Falls just now and I've not seen a Cobalt in a yard at all. Maybe they were not popular around here? I've not seen an SS in a yard since Albuquerque, NM last February.
I'm always picking up loose tidbits from "yard removals"; bolts screws, clips and other special fasteners, things you won't find at auto parts stores. Sometimes yard guys cut up wiring harnesses and leave behind interesting ends, and they're cheap. I show the cashier my pile of tidbits and usually they charge me $1 to $3.(I obviously qualify as a hoarder. ;) But an organized one!)
I mailed a Batt cap out and postage on a bag mailer was $9.