Pennsylvania SCCA Autocross

Keckster

I know there is a general Autox thread for our south west community so lets get one started for the north east guys. I'll start off with my current setup/results

LSJ S/C ~ 220hp

300 lbs/in Front
220 lbs/in Rear

Street Tire: Nitto NT01
Autox Tire: Hoosier A7 (Haven't had a dry run yet this year...)

Best run October 2022 (NT01, 300 front, 400 rear):

noticeably better throttle control April 2023 (NT01, 300 front, 220 rear):

First time on Hoosiers it rains...:

Any other videos I post of my autox season this year will most likely have the guy in the stars and stripes helmet in them. He is a local autox guy in the Harrisburg area mentoring me and showing me what the goblin is capable of. He used to race a Lotus elise for many year on track and at Autox. I've done two rainy events with him and have learned so much more than I have on my own all of last season. We have yet to see nice weather this season but I'm excited to learn more!

Next PA event I will be attending is June 17 at the Pennsylvania Farm show Complex Elmerton lot. I would love to see more goblins there if you are in the area. There are currently two goblins that attend most of the harrisburg events, Mine (#343) and @25074 (#344).

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Sweet!
10/22 video - Nice of them to put that concrete wall on the first turn to start rather than the end!!!!
Keep the videos coming!

Keckster

Is this next event the same one I came and watched you guys at last year?
Same location yes. They host a Susquehanna event almost every month for the autox season. I don’t remember what month you came for last year but they are all similar

Tinkles

I used to run the NEPA region with my Cavalier, then I got a job where I had to work Sundays and that basically ended it for me. I think 2012 was the last year I ran. I did get to run one Pocono event before I stopped and went out to the Cone Killer Classic twice. I do want to run my Ralliart after I fix it and I do plan on running my Goblin once I finish it.

Keckster

I used to run the NEPA region with my Cavalier, then I got a job where I had to work Sundays and that basically ended it for me. I think 2012 was the last year I ran. I did get to run one Pocono event before I stopped and went out to the Cone Killer Classic twice. I do want to run my Ralliart after I fix it and I do plan on running my Goblin once I finish it.
I just started doing NEPA events when I get the chance this year. I’ll actually be up at the pocono track Saturday for autox. You can come by, I’ll give ya ride if you have yet ride in a goblin!

Keckster

Attended two different autocross events since my last update. The goblin tune is running okay and could be improved still, however my driving has improved immensely. I attended an event at Pocono raceway (The Tricky Triangle) on the infield track which caught me off guard cause it was such a fast course which even required shifting to third. I managed to improve my time there to be about 5 seconds behind the truly fast guys local to the region. I have come to learn my reaction and feel for the car is good but I tend to do a lot of coasting which hurts my times. This event I learned to floor it until the last moment then stomp on the breaks and to trust the car will listen to me.

Later in June was a local to me Autocross at the farm show complex in Harrisburg. I have a local racer co driving my goblin as a sorta mentorship. At this event he was not holding back as he had driven the car 3 times this season and was comfortable giving it the beans. I was able to get two consistent runs about .3 seconds behind his fastest run!!! This season so far I have made so much progress by having a teacher It is unbelievable. I know it could be hard to be the passenger in your own car but there is so much to learn from a different perspective.

Keckster

Final event of the season for me went amazing! I am finally getting a hold of this car with the help of multiple local racers getting behind the wheel and giving me lots of great advice. Here is my 73 second XP class winning run at Pocono raceway last sunday. I was not very high on the raw time board but I have made tons of progress from last year.

Keckster

Well I thought that last post would be the last race of the season for me but I managed to shift my schedule around to run one last time on November 4th. I drove the goblin about 10 mins to the event at 6am while it was only 34 degrees outside. With the footwell cover removed the drive was actually not to bad. The highest temp for the day was only 48 degrees and I struggled to get any heat into the tires so I was pretty slow compared to the heavier cars... I had a great time anyway, here is my best run.