Project Car Comparo

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I spent the weekend up at my friend's cabin with a bunch of our mutual friends, just drinking, talking, and riding quads through the logging roads like we've done since we were all back in high school. A few of us got to talking about our projects, and now a challenge has been presented - my Goblin (2008 LT donor, currently debating supercharger options) versus Nick's Porsche LS1 swapped 911 (996 with a naturally aspirated aluminum LS1 from a C5 Corvette that he claims makes 340 hp).

With regards to progress, I have a donor and my chassis is in the build queue. Nick has a rolling 996 without the factory engine or transaxle, his LS1, the swap kit from Renegade Hybrids I think it was, and some other bits; the only major thing he needs is a transaxle.

Right off the bat, I take power to weight and power to weight per dollar, but that say nothing of the driving experience or either vehicles performance. We're just a couple of drunk idiots wondering how the two stack up; what thoughts do the Goblin hivemind have regarding the two?

Last edited: