PyroGuy's '08 SS/TC Build - #208 - REGIRSTERED!

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Where's the throng of people with cameras and a list of questions?!

Your car looks great, though. I'm sure you're another proud papa. :)

One thing I noticed though: your windshield is on the wrong side of the bracket. I believe they can crack if done that way. Either that, or MINE is wrong!

PyroGuy923

Where's the throng of people with cameras and a list of questions?!

Your car looks great, though. I'm sure you're another proud papa. :)

One thing I noticed though: your windshield is on the wrong side of the bracket. I believe they can crack if done that way. Either that, or MINE is wrong!
I was the first one there and got some pics before others showed up.

It's very possible mine is wrong. I didn't look up anything and went off the concept that normal car windshields have the frame behind the glass.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Lol. Yeah, I sledge hammered an axle out of the transmission, replaced it all, in under 9 minutes. (sic)
(Video elapsed time 8:42) Lonny rescued me when the axle popped out, and then showed me how to fix it with a pry bar... but that was after the video was published. Congrats on getting your axle fixed PyroGuy. My video can show you how not to do it!

QuantumFluxuation

You have the fun haver plate. Now you need the fun haver steering wheel!

PyroGuy923

The shifter boot kept you from getting the first place trophy!!!!!........ ;)

Nice build. :)
Thanks. Kind of bitter. Shift knob was supposed to be here Friday for the new shifter. Earlier in the week I got notice it was going to be late so I didn’t put the new shifter in. The knob showed up while I was at the show…

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
She passed inspection today and got her VIN. Now onto title, insurance, and registration.
when you set up your inspection did you go through the vehicle inspection gateway online. I just set up my appointment and was wondering if I should add the parts online or just show up to the inspection with receipts.

PyroGuy923

Scheduled online but didn’t add parts. Took my Cobalt title and Goblin MCO and that’s all they asked for. Sad everything was from one of those 2 things. I may have showed them the itemized kit invoice but don’t think so.

Josh's09

Friday progress.

Got the fuel pump orientation changed, new fuel line made, subframe mounted, and started to press in new control arm bushings but destroyed one of the rears. Had to order a new one and will take it somewhere to get pressed in.

Ran into an issue with the radiator fan not kicking in at 205 like it should. Realized I didn't splice in the extended wire to the original plug. Jumped the ran and it worked so made a little jumper to test it out before fulling splicing it in.

Do you happen to have any more pics of the coolant tank setup? Side note, did you order a new one, (link if ordered please)? It looks great! Or did you clean it (what did you use)? This was as much as I could find:

Attachments

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Do you happen to have any more pics of the coolant tank setup? Side note, did you order a new one, (link if ordered please)? It looks great! Or did you clean it (what did you use)? This was as much as I could find:
this picture should help http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/coolant-mounting.4077/post-80950
the coolant reservoir part number for lsj and lnf cars is 15218663 if you want to search around for a new one, but it looks like a lot of places are currently out of stock.

this picture shows where that coolant line goes to pretty well. #3 in the labeled picture.

Attachments

Last edited: