PyroGuy's '08 SS/TC Build - #208 - REGIRSTERED!

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Worth mentioning that my 08 SS/TC donor had the new style tensioner already, and it definitely looked original (visual inspection).

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Are you getting the hubs drilled or using wheel adapters? The 17X9 ET40 has just a little over 6 inches of backspacing, could be a little tight with the suspension clearance if you're using the stock struts and no spacer. Believe the BC and aftermarket struts have enough clearance.

PyroGuy923

Are you getting the hubs drilled or using wheel adapters? The 17X9 ET40 has just a little over 6 inches of backspacing, could be a little tight with the suspension clearance if you're using the stock struts and no spacer. Believe the BC and aftermarket struts have enough clearance.
Going with the drilled option that DF offers. Also going with BC coils in the rear.

Would the 17x9 ET+25 be better for the rear/all around?

Not a huge fan of the design. Also trying to say in the wide fenders as I belive I need them in OH to be street legal.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Going with the drilled option that DF offers. Also going with BC coils in the rear.

Would the 17x9 ET+25 be better for the rear/all around?

Not a huge fan of the design. Also trying to say in the wide fenders as I belive I need them in OH to be street legal.
I get it... we all have our own taste in wheels... for the off set I think the smaller the number the better as far as them not rubbing... IDRVSLO went with the Cosmis XT-005R with only an ET+5 offset 17x9.5 5x114.3 on all fours: http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/idrvslo-track-08-ss-tc-registered-105.726/post-14334 He went with NT555 G2s with 275 width. Here is a pic showing clearance: http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/idrvslo-track-08-ss-tc-registered-105.726/post-15245 ... and here he says no rubbing :) http://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/idrvslo-track-08-ss-tc-registered-105.726/post-16420

As far as fenders needed in Ohio, I would double check that... Dune buggies are allowed in Ohio and they don't have fenders. I verified this with a phone call to the Bucyrus, OH Inspection Office last year, so unless something has changed, you don't need fenders, bumpers or a windshield. They said you must have eye protection... so I would definitely do your own research so you don't have to base your wheel decision on fenders. :) I don't think anyone has registered a Goblin in Ohio yet... at least no one that frequents this forum. Most likely you'll be done before I will, so please share with your fellow Ohioan. :)

PyroGuy923

New control arm bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints, and timing chain guide bolt came in.

Dad working on the wiring harness while I wait on chassis #208. Should start welding in the next few weeks.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Pyro,
Do you still have your old/removed front control arm bushings? I need the steel center bars from these if you still have them. If you put them into USPS small envelope I will pay the shipping.
Thanks, Tim

PyroGuy923

Pyro,
Do you still have your old/removed front control arm bushings? I need the steel center bars from these if you still have them. If you put them into USPS small envelope I will pay the shipping.
Thanks, Tim
I haven't taken anything apart so I do. Are you referring to the horizontal ones that attach to the subframe?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
When you get the chance, no hurry. I have a side project I am working on that I hope these will work for. Do you have a PayPal account? That would be real easy to send you the postage when you are ready to send them.

PyroGuy923

Pyro, just following up to see if you had the chance to pull out your old suspension pieces from the rear control arms yet?
I haven't. Dad's been working on the harness for me while I wait for the chassis. Hopefully starts to be welded within the next week.

I do professional fireworks as a side job so I've been a bit busy the last few weeks. Hopefully I have time/motivation soon.

PyroGuy923

Kit's paid for. Now just waiting on the supplier to get all the fiberglass pieces done so it can be shipped.

PyroGuy923

Chassis and all 3 stages stages should be here either Saturday or Monday. Woohoo!

Just order a 66" Nine Lives Racing Wang too.

Now to pick out my color scheme so I can get the chassis powdercoated when it arrives.

Thinking chassis gunmetal, body panels either a deep blue or something like the WRX World Rally Blue, and broze rims. Thoughts?

benjy

Thinking chassis gunmetal, body panels either a deep blue or something like the WRX World Rally Blue, and broze rims. Thoughts?
Love the idea! I wish I had a more subtle chassis color. Body panels are relatively easy to change if you get bored of the color, but the chassis is substantially more work. I love the idea of WRB and bronze wheels. I think a cement gray chassis would complement that color scheme as well.

I kind of became obsessed with the idea of bronze wheels, and once I found the shade I wanted (Konig Freeform) I sacrificed my ideal wheel size to make it work.