QuickJack

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Considering purchasing a Quickjack, has anyone on here used one, if so which model did you get?

Having sold Goblin 1.0 I’m not able to confirm what the ground clearance is, the lowest height on the Quickjack is 3”

KSLunsfo

Haven't used quickjacks, but did slightly entertain the idea at one point.

I'm a bit over 4" just behind the front wheels, the rear is higher. I'm also running a slightly larger diameter wheel/tire combo than the factory 2010 SS wheel/tire.

WYGoblin

I used Quickjack 7000 on mine. I didn't initially purchase them to lift a goblin (used to lift a 65 lincoln continental). They worked good to assemble and disassemble the donor.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I forget what weight capacity I have, but they aren't particularly useful for my Goblin because it's so low

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I forget what weight capacity I have, but they aren't particularly useful for my Goblin because it's so low
They have models that are 3” and ones that are 3.5” high, so if I get them I’ll get the shorter ones to play it safe.

If you're going to be leaving it up in the air for a while I think you'd have a hard time beating regular old jack stands. they are smaller and stay out of the way. If you can't get your jack under the car just drive up on some spare scrap wood. If nothing else the plastic wheel ramps at Advance Auto would work well too.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
With Goblin 2.0 we also have four other vehicles including a 68 Camaro that I work on so I think the QuickJack will come in handy and will be used often.

devianteng

I have the QuickJack BL-7000SLX that I bought Feb 2019 for $1295. In short, I love them. Only complaint is that they are heavy and not super easy to move around and get out of the way.

I've used them for lots of things from simple oil change and tire rotations, transmission swaps, work on my UTV and ZT mower. Also used it for donor disassembly. I've not had my goblin on them yet though, but shouldn't be a problem to do so. Lowest car I've ever had on mine was a 1996 300ZX and didn't have issue.

Also worth mentioning that I've left vehicles in the air on the QJ for 2 months at a time, never been an issue. My 7000SLX model has 2 locking positions so raise it all the way, set the lock, lower until it locks and release pressure on pump. Disconnect the pump/hoses and the car is securely in the air on the QJ for as long as you need, no reliance on hydraulics to keep it up.

Some random photos attached of my donor.

Attachments

Last edited: