Radiator hose location

Lando217

I don’t know if anyone can clear this up for me cause I am a bit confused. I see on the build videos for the front radiator DF used a total of two hoses, one from top of radiator to driver side run and another from bottom of radiator to passenger side run. Then I’ve been looking a build logs and see people using total of three hoses in the reverse locations then the video. I don’t know if there is a difference or it matters what hose goes where? Just seeing if there is a correct way?Thanks in advance guys!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
This is kind of the case of Ford vs. Chevy or under-the-roll vs. over-the-roll. You will have to read up from both perspectives and make your decision.

The car pumps out hot coolant to the radiator from the upper passenger side of the engine - keep that in mind. Personally I chose to plumb the coolant from the engine to the lower part of the radiator and out the top to return to the engine. One, it's easier to plumb and two, it pushes the coolant and air to the top and hopefully out of the radiator. Others have the perspective of heat should go in the top and cool to the bottom.

Lando217

Thanks guys, I will read up on this. Looks like a preference on what theory you think will apply efficiency more to this set up but in retrospect it seems like it will do its job either way.