Radiator

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
The first ones did. They have eliminated them. I think for the reason of the surge tank is higher than top of radiator, and the need to plug the over flow barb on the radiator.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Gotta remember, the original build videos are from... 2016? Maybe even 2015? The kit has evolved since then, you'll see some other differences as well.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
May I ask how I can insure that I have gotten all the air out? I have put in just a little over two gallons and squeezed the hoses as much as I can while it is running? But how do I know?

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
May I ask how I can insure that I have gotten all the air out? I have put in just a little over two gallons and squeezed the hoses as much as I can while it is running? But how do I know?
When you drive it you will probably keep putting water in overflow tank for a few times.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Drive it and see if it gets hot. If you got most of the air out, it will likely push most of the remaining air to the high point, which should be the reservoir.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Once the engine is warmed up, rev the engine to 4000 rpm for 4 seconds, the overflow tank will get a big burp of air, so refill it.
Repeat again, and then take it for a drive, hit redline, and you are done. The engine water pump will push any air out when the coolant is flowing fast enough. This is the red neck method, not mentioned by GM... but it works, no tools, no fuss, and tests all water connections at full pressure.

Brett

Some of the DF supplied radiator's have caps, some don't. My first build didn't but my second build did. Not an issue either way. Just follow Ross's directions above and you should be good to go.