Rear tie rod question.

wallace58

After looking at a few threads I am a little confused of if the tie rods supplied by DF go on the rear or front.:confused: The new front rack video shows the install of the front SS rack limiters with reusing the stock front tie rods. Can I use the tie rods that come with the kit in the rear? Also look at the photo. I think 2 of the items are rack limiters for a non SS rack. Are other boots must be for the tie rod ends that go to the rear toe link rack? Any help is appreciated. I really miss the detailed manual you get with a Factory Five kit. Going back and forth to videos and threads gets old for me, I guess I am just an old guy, LOL. ;)

5808279A-164E-42BE-A771-3307165587EC.jpeg

Rauq

Goblin Guru
The supplied inner tie rods go on the back. The supplied outer tie rods go on the front.

I do believe those extra pieces are the rack limiters, but I'm not super sure because I didn't order them. They're less needed on SS racks as they have less travel than base model racks, but that's really up to your final alignment settings and wheel and tire selections.

Plenty of folks willing to help out and answer questions, even if they've already been asked and answered.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The short(3.5") tie rod ends go on the front, the 4.5" tie rod ends go on the rear.

wallace58

The supplied inner tie rods go on the back. The supplied outer tie rods go on the front.

I do believe those extra pieces are the rack limiters, but I'm not super sure because I didn't order them. They're less needed on SS racks as they have less travel than base model racks, but that's really up to your final alignment settings and wheel and tire selections.

Plenty of folks willing to help out and answer questions, even if they've already been asked and answered.
I did order and install the SS rack limiters as in the video. Thanks for your help.