Registration CO

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the forum Fred, see this is your first post. I'm in Arizona, used to live in Colorado years ago (40) so my info for registering and specialty vehicle is more than a little out of date. I'm sure one of the builders will chime in on your question soon. I'm assuming the registration question is one of your decision points whether to build a Goblin or not?

Fred

Yes sir would order up a kit today if I was sure registration was a go. I'm in need of a new project and these look like a blast.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If you're looking for a 'hobby' and to build a car, this is the one to go with. Lonny and Adam at Doyle Fan are by far the best people you could ever deal with. They build a high quality product and stand behind everything they do. The Goblin family on this forum is the greatest group of people online and provide the knowledge and support needed to keep your project going and get it completed - if you choose to chat and post with other builders. I'm guessing you have been trolling around in the forum for a while and have seen the quality of communications that get posted?
I looked through the builders thread and didn't see anyone listed in Colorado, but not all builders have submitted location information. Where are you located in Colorado? We need to get you into a Goblin for a ride, there would be no looking back after that. A ride in a TC pushed me over the edge and I was going to build one no matter what - except to convince the boss at home. ;)

Fred

Bennett co east of Denver I talked with Adam a month ago he thought someone was building one north of Denver but never herd
back from him.

RouteAbel

There is always the Montana option if Colorado is a no-go. Some in certain finicky states have created a corporation in Montana and registered their vehicle there.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Bennett co east of Denver I talked with Adam a month ago he thought someone was building one north of Denver but never herd
back from him.
Fred, now that you a forum member and actively participating in discussions, send him another message. They have been insanely busy in Red Oak for the past several weeks and it may be hard for Adam (or Lonny) to get the time to reply to email, they get too many everyday.

Ross

Goblin Guru
They might be driving to some Midwest Spring event this weekend.
Patience is a virtue.

Fred

That wasn't a dig at Adam talked to him on the phone he was very helpful. Was his idea to put a shout out on here.
Reading the Colorado regs it looks possible register as kit car. I own a rock crawler and don't want another money pit
I can't drive on the street.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ok, the link in their forum will not copy. Try searching Dr. Google for Colorado kit car registration and it will be one of the first hits to come back. Look for the Factory Five page.

Fred

Thanks for the in put Factory five page looks promising pretty much like what I read in CO. Reg's .
Still kind of worried it being tubed framed with panels rather than full body Cobra ! I have dealt with the DMV here with jeeps
just swapping in fuel injected engine means multiple trips because you must have every peace of smog equipment that came on the donor ENG.

Dale E

There are Stalkers and Caterhams and the Birkin factory has moved to Colorado from South Africa now registered in Colorado. There is a company in the Denver area called Velocity cars - they make a chassis kit for a V8 but it is on the Arial Atom, Exocet, and Goblin type theme. Also, in Colorado is Flying Miata, who used to be into Exocet also. Some of these folks might be helpful in answering your questions.