RH Control Arm

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
This is a Dorman 521-026 passenger's side control arm. It's practically brand new. The stock bushings have already been removed so it's ready to go if you want to install something like Prothane bushings.

The reason I'm selling is because the knuckle stud is about .020" smaller than what's on the OEM TC control arm. It created a very small amount of wiggle room with the tire alignment.

Retails for ~$100. I'll sell it for $50 shipped to your door.

https://www.dormanproducts.com/p-45371-521-026.aspx
20190617_081641.jpg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Brian, don't want to hijack your post, but I was looking for replacement ball joints for my arms and the FE3 pieces are small by about 0.020 - as you pointed out. I cannot find the FE5 ball joints, the REAL ones. I have ordered 2 different sets stating they are FE5 and they are not, guessing this is what happened to you in this situation. I will keep looking myself and hope that someone on the forum can reply for a source to purchase the correct arms and/or bushings.

I see you have removed the rubber ball mount in the rear and left the metal sleeve installed - ready for a Prothane bushing. :)

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
I know this is a week old, but sounds like you guys might be able to answer my question.

I'm looking at an 06 SS/NA for my donor. When I took it for a spin, the front end has a clunk. The owner said he just did control arms and thought it was fixed. I did a quick look, and it has stamped steel control arms. So, my question is, did he go with a cheaper fix by using the FE1 control arms when it's supposed to have the aluminum( I think that's what the car is supposed to have?? Right? )?. Am I hearing the. 020" that you guys are talking about?

20190629_221927.jpg

$2000 for the car. 166000 miles.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
If you decode the VIN it might show that it had the FE3 suspension instead of the FE1. The FE1 is the stock suspension for the base model and has the stamped steel control arms. The FE3 and the FE5 are usually on the SS/SC and SS/TC respectively and are the aluminum control arms.

It looks as if this is an SS but on the 2006 they could have a N/A and a supercharged version and I don't know if both came with FE3. None of the 06 had the FE5 suspension I believe. So I don't think that is you clunk. It probably is the sway bar links, those things are always toast.

G Atsma

Goblin Guru
Check engine/tranny mounts. Totally unrelated, but I drove a used Chevy Traverse a while back that had a clunk when just starting to accelerate. It was a test drive, and I mentioned it to the salesman riding along. Later on I talked to the mechanic at the dealership and it had a bad mount. That fixed it.

baustin

If you decode the VIN it might show that it had the FE3 suspension instead of the FE1. The FE1 is the stock suspension for the base model and has the stamped steel control arms. The FE3 and the FE5 are usually on the SS/SC and SS/TC respectively and are the aluminum control arms.

It looks as if this is an SS but on the 2006 they could have a N/A and a supercharged version and I don't know if both came with FE3. None of the 06 had the FE5 suspension I believe. So I don't think that is you clunk. It probably is the sway bar links, those things are always toast.
It may not be common but at least my 06 got FE5.

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Check engine/tranny mounts. Totally unrelated, but I drove a used Chevy Traverse a while back that had a clunk when just starting to accelerate. It was a test drive, and I mentioned it to the salesman riding along. Later on I talked to the mechanic at the dealership and it had a bad mount. That fixed it.
And you gripe when people post chassis numbers in the online store thread? :)

I'd really like to find a home for this thing. Just pay for shipping and you can have it.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
It is my understanding that there is a slight difference in the control arm pivot bushing sleeve inner diameters with no rhyme or reason. Some fit fine, others require the control arm to be reamed. Somehow I got lucky.

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
And you gripe when people post chassis numbers in the online store thread? :)

I'd really like to find a home for this thing. Just pay for shipping and you can have it.
Yeah, sorry about that, we really hijacked this one.

I will look at the sticker before I buy this car to make sure that it is what it's supposed to be.

If I'm not mistaken, it should have the FE3 suspension package. Aluminum control arms, different from the FE5 aluminum control arms that you need, right? If I'm understanding correctly, your control arm will fit the car I'm buying. Do you have both sides, or just one?