Ross's extended city, easy entry Goblin- 06 SS/SC, NW Arkansas

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Of course I saw your answer to the question in the post I read to re-figure out that you had parts to build a motor... haha

You are farther down this learning curve than I am... maybe I should be asking you what your power goals are!
My power goal is to make nearly as much power as I can on a stock motor before I should expect it to have problems, so... low/mid 400s? I would guess I'm at mid-300s now and have done about 2/3 of the work that I will need to do to turn it up more. I do have a bit of a pipe dream to do a 2.1 build with an LE5 head and an E67...

A lot of builders don’t understand this, it’s even worse in the motorcycle world. The car is more capable than the driver. More power isn’t going to help you. As you build skills and dial in the car, then you add power. It all goes hand in hand.
I would like a goblin that I find fun. Over time, as my driving ability and comfort level increase, I want more power for more fun.
Half the fun is building it, then making it controllable.
I definitely don't need to make more power to have more fun driving it, but I think you hit the nail on the head- figuring out how to build something that does cool stuff and making it work is half the reason I'm in this deep. I get almost as much of a thrill building something with this much scoot and no lag as actually driving it. See above, though, I don't need to make any more power, but the idea of figuring out how to piece together and tune an oversquare VVT twincharged setup just does something for me.