Shawn Maine - Builders log - Track goblin / El Diablo - 07 LT donor

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Jkean949 said:
I have to have 50 posts before I can start a thread. I'm building up my number of posts. I thought about just going to each thread and making a random comment
You just need to make 50 posts about the cool Cobalt powered kit car you are building :p

Jkean949

Something witty
Shameless, haha ;D

You just need to make 50 posts about the cool Cobalt powered kit car you are building :p
[/quote]

Restoman

First impression is that these guys did a fantastic job at fabrication a chassis. Shown below is most of the parts in the "stage one" part of the kit. Very impressed with the owners and of the product!

We opted for the race version with the full cage, race seats and harnesses. We are already thinking about building a another friendlier version that will have the stock seats and the street chassis version. I have 2 customers watching this build very closely.

Restoman

So today Elizabeth and I decided that we were going to start mocking up some parts. We started on the brake system and found one thing that we modified.

This is a picture of the rear brake lines - The main line running down the spine of the car has to go over a rectangular steel tube. It holds the fitting up off the bracket it is should be bolted too. We thought about hand forming the line over the tube. But instead we drilled th tube and ran it through.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, you and Elizabeth are moving along. Very cool.

A couple of notes (all of this will be addressed in the build instructions that we make while building the two factory built cars):

-Make sure the tunnel brake line goes on the passenger side of the divider. Otherwise it can get in the way of the automatic shifter pieces.

-We were waiting for hardware for mounting the brake tees and were going to send standoffs with that hardware soon to get the tee above the mount. Going through the rear floor bar is a simple way to do it though. Might have to look into doing it that way by default in the future.

-Part of the stage two package is a kit that re-locates the brake fluid reservoir. You can see the new location of the reservoir on prototype 2.

We'll be sending the rest of the hardware this week.

Thanks for posting so many photos. I really like the one with the stage one pieces out on the floor. We haven't had time to display them like that so it's cool to see.

Restoman

AleX1/9 said:
Thanks for posting, can't wait to see more!
Adam said:
Wow, you and Elizabeth are moving along. Very cool.

A couple of notes (all of this will be addressed in the build instructions that we make while building the two factory built cars):

-Make sure the tunnel brake line goes on the passenger side of the divider. Otherwise it can get in the way of the automatic shifter pieces.

-We were waiting for hardware for mounting the brake tees and were going to send standoffs with that hardware soon to get the tee above the mount. Going through the rear floor bar is a simple way to do it though. Might have to look into doing it that way by default in the future.

-Part of the stage two package is a kit that re-locates the brake fluid reservoir. You can see the new location of the reservoir on prototype 2.

We'll be sending the rest of the hardware this week.

Thanks for posting so many photos. I really like the one with the stage one pieces out on the floor. We haven't had time to display them like that so it's cool to see.
We thought about a stand off for the brake tee. A 3/8" hole seems to be a simple solution and less pieces to the kit overall. (Less pieces, less cost...I am a small business man after all . ;) )

We were looking at the pictures on the site for parts placement, I saw the fluid reservoir relocated.
We will get the brake line moved to the RH side of the tunnel...thanks!

Restoman

We also intend on keeping track of our build time hours for all future goblin kit builders. IT always seems to be a question that everyone wants to know. We will also list our total investment for our project....however this can very significantly because of all the options available.

Our intention right now is to get the project on the road this summer and work out all the bugs. This time next year will be installing a ZZP turbo kit for added fun.

northvibe

Restoman said:
We also intend on keeping track of our build time hours for all future goblin kit builders. IT always seems to be a question that everyone wants to know. We will also list our total investment for our project....however this can very significantly because of all the options available.

Our intention right now is to get the project on the road this summer and work out all the bugs. This time next year will be installing a ZZP turbo kit for added fun.
It has been a few months, how's the build coming?