SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

Ross

Goblin Guru
Your metal 90 degree brackets are on the wrong side of the billet uprights, both on the top and bottom.
Here is the view from the passengers side of my Goblin from my youtube video.

After you flip them, thread the bottom heim joint in, and the top heim joint out about 8 turns.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Lonnie said the steering arm is adjustable so we can reduce bump steer.
I haven't heard which position reduces bump steer the most.
Need to tape a laser pointer onto the wheel or brake rotor, and remove the spring, so I can measure bump steer.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
I’m going to riv-nut my tunnel on. Does anyone have suggestions on what size to use
I bought 10-32 but my tunnel has to be squeezed with clamps just to get the cap on so the extra width of rivet nuts would make it impossible to get it on. All aluminum rivets drill out really easy if you ever want to get back in there.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Can someone post a picture of how the mounting bracket for the coolant tank bolts up. I’m confusing myself as to which side the mount goes on

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
It's not an issue. That is by design. The carriage bolt "bites into" the subframe. Just torque on it until you can't any more.

Ross

Goblin Guru
You can stop torquing on it at 100 pound feet... according to the Cobalt specs... for most of us that is right beside "until you can't any more".

baustin

Yep, one of my bolts is like that, the other went fully seated in. Both are fully torqued and haven't been a problem.