Speed Bumps

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So, just got my Goblin sitting on rubber in all four corners and man does she sit low on the temporary stock 15" tires.

How do you guys deal with speed bumps or even getting it up on some trailers?

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
All depends on the speed bumps. Running 15's on all corners, about 3.5in clearance in the front. I typically take them slow and at an angle, trying to get a front tire on the speed bump as soon as possible to lift the front end up.
You should be ok, just wary of speed bumps and driveway incline/declines.
I have more issue trying to get into my driveway, especially with the front wing out there now.

Dsteinhorst

I got longer shocks in the front to give me an extra inch. I jacked up the rear with the coilovers. I run 225/45/15 tires that are real short.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Tire diameter is the bigger factor here than wheel diameter. What size tires are you running? I saw you picked up some 205/55R16 Firehawks but those don't look like the same wheels? Stock Cobalt sizes range from 24-25.6", which, combined with your suspension setup, will dictate ground clearance.

For additional reference, a 225/45R15 should be about 23" tall, so you're giving up 1" ground clearance vs a 25" tall 225/45R17 (which is my size).

ccannx

Goblin Guru
I also run 15's and ended up replacing the front shocks with the 1 inch longer shocks up front and opted for double adjustables. It gave me more room to adjust the ride hight up on the coiliver and a bonus was the added droop provided more front end grip coming out of corners.

I shortened my front control arms by about 10% and will be selling my 1 inch longer shocks because they are too long for my narrowed front end. DD403's are what I replaced the stock DS401's the DD is the double adjustable and the DS is the single(rebound) adjustable.