"Sticky" brake lights

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Noticed this morning on my way in to work, that my brake lights are "sticking" on, a bit. Every time I brake, they stay on for a little while after I let off the pedal to accelerate again, and they may or may not go off. I cannot adequately say at this point, whether jiggling the pedal helps or not. Otherwise, the brakes work great and it was 42 degrees outside this morning, so maybe that plays a part in it.

Time for a new brake pedal position sensor? Any other thoughts?

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I found that loosening the sensor to the pedal bracket did the trick for me. torqued up tight and the lights would intermittently stay on, loosening a 1/4 turn gave a little wiggle room and have not had an issue since.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Or is your brake pedal not returning to full out position (foam spacer in the wrong place/damaged/worn) or is your brake master cylinder holding the brake pedal in because it's old and worn out or...?

Goblin Guru
Or is your brake pedal not returning to full out position (foam spacer in the wrong place/damaged/worn) or is your brake master cylinder holding the brake pedal in because it's old and worn out or...?
I plan to tear it apart sometime this week and figure that out.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Dang and here I was looking forward to a 50 page troubleshooting discussion...:p:D

Glad you found it, but it's been a while since your connections have been messed with. Guessing they worked loose from your spirited driving - and possibly PA potholes?

Goblin Guru
Dang and here I was looking forward to a 50 page troubleshooting discussion...:p:D

Glad you found it, but it's been a while since your connections have been messed with. Guessing they worked loose from your spirited driving - and possibly PA potholes?
Most likely the latter. PA potholes are TERRIBLE!

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Most likely the latter. PA potholes are TERRIBLE!
That's how I test to see if my dirt bikes are strapped down well enough. If it makes it down the bumpy, million times patched, potholed road that leads to a main road it'll make it through anything!

Markm

Terminal fretting is not your friend especially on bcm connections. Usually can cycle the connectors a couple times and good to go. Works great for intermittent airbag lights (not on the goblin)