The wife’s Goblin, 2007 L61 F23

Markm

Yes but I didn’t have fog lamps on the donor. I found the orange wire in the schematic for the ‘07 but I still am not sure what the circuit is saved for

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Interesting thing is that for most GM wiring harnesses they were all made the same. Even though your donor may not have had fog lights the wires for them (and sometimes the connectors too) are in the harness, usually pulled back and taped off on the assy line.

Markm

You don't "need" the fog lamp circuit. It's only used as an accessory circuit if you want to use it. There are some quirks with its operation, so it has limited use case anyway. I will be using mine to run aftermarket seat heaters.
I guess I’ll skip over it then. I plan on leaving the factory power outlet and mounting it in there somewhere

Markm

Interesting thing is that for most GM wiring harnesses they were all made the same. Even though your donor may not have had fog lights the wires for them (and sometimes the connectors too) are in the harness, usually pulled back and taped off on the assy line.
In my many years at Chevrolet they rarely have optional equipment wired, sometimes yes but most times no

Markm

Hopefully this is the last of the wiring harness questions. What did I miss on the battery current sensor? I still have it but was it supposed to be removed?

Markm

I’m going to tape the battery current sensor wires out with the headlight wiring then route it and shorten it up when I get it in the car

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
In my many years at Chevrolet they rarely have optional equipment wired, sometimes yes but most times no
Did I mention I have/sell those red + post covers?, I collected them at the junk yards.
My research so far is in 05-07. On these Cobalts, I think that depends upon which sub-system wiring harness you are looking at. The front light harnesses usually did not have the fog light wires, but the body harness(I believe and will recheck mine) did as part of the headlight wiring. (I'll have to dig deeper on this point as I would like to know for sure if ANY of the wiring harness are universal to all Cobalts.) I have a couple of fuse panels along, I think they all have a fog light fuse position, will need to see if all are wired for fog.

All body harness and dash harnesses I have worked on, the connector for both neutral safety start switches(Manual on the clutch pedal and auto on the shifter) the unused plug is in the harnesses, but taped out of the way.

Engine harnesses are manual or auto or SS/SC. SS/SC use a different ECM plug on the body harness. Sadly the steering/brake panel bolted into the body is auto or manual with the hole for the master and clutch pedal bolts.
Side Story: The transmission wiring can be cut out of the Automatic engine harness with little trouble, the Speed sensor is shortened and needs a new plug end(a copy is in the headlight harness, IIRC "temp probe" Maybe?) and some other changes, but the Auto transmission portion of the engine harness almost could have been a separate sub-harness.(Built together for quick factory assembly and slow, aggravating service.)

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Looks like my harness is ready for the wife’s Goblin minus where I ran short of tape on the headlight wiring
OMG! There IS a Mustang hiding in that photo!! Did you say Fastback???? Let's mid-engine it! AWWW! Come on!, it'll be fun!(I once said childishly.) No back seat?, but you really didn't want the WHOLE family along anyhow! A SBF and a trans out of a Audi FWD model or a Boxter?, they made automatics! IRS rear suspension out of a late Mustang? OOH! Is there a FWD Ford car with a suitable transverse engine/trans/suspension donor? I Know! SHO Taurus? OR Maybe something from Ford Germany? German Ford stuff is hot/crazy! Did you ever see the Merkur SVO XR4Ti? (I don't think the Ford Germans answer their phones if caller ID shows it's Detroit calling!)o_O

Markm

Did I mention I have/sell those red + post covers?, I collected them at the junk yards.
My research so far is in 05-07. On these Cobalts, I think that depends upon which sub-system wiring harness you are looking at. The front light harnesses usually did not have the fog light wires, but the body harness(I believe and will recheck mine) did as part of the headlight wiring. (I'll have to dig deeper on this point as I would like to know for sure if ANY of the wiring harness are universal to all Cobalts.) I have a couple of fuse panels along, I think they all have a fog light fuse position, will need to see if all are wired for fog.

All body harness and dash harnesses I have worked on, the connector for both neutral safety start switches(Manual on the clutch pedal and auto on the shifter) the unused plug is in the harnesses, but taped out of the way.

Engine harnesses are manual or auto or SS/SC. SS/SC use a different ECM plug on the body harness. Sadly the steering/brake panel bolted into the body is auto or manual with the hole for the master and clutch pedal bolts.
Side Story: The transmission wiring can be cut out of the Automatic engine harness with little trouble, the Speed sensor is shortened and needs a new plug end(a copy is in the headlight harness, IIRC "temp probe" Maybe?) and some other changes, but the Auto transmission portion of the engine harness almost could have been a separate sub-harness.(Built together for quick factory assembly and slow, aggravating service.)
[/QUOTE
Believe it or not I actually do have a red post cap

Markm

Tomorrow I’ll get the couple gaskets I need to reassemble the engine but I did set everything up for test firing minus the jumper cable I’ll need for the engine ground

Attachments